2 to 1

Here in the U.S., men outnumber women 2 to 1 (in the 25 to 35 age bracket - it's even worse for those under 25!). I don't know for a fact, but it seems like the opposite in Thailand.... actually, more like 50 women to every man. Anyone know the statistics?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeezus... here we go again. I am so tired of getting wrong information. A few months ago several news stations announced statistics saying that men outnumbered women 2 to 1 in the 25 to 35 age bracket here in the U.S. Now, I go and check the info on the Census site for myself and it's no where near that!

JT,

"I am so tired of getting wrong information. A few months ago several news stations announced statistics saying that men outnumbered women 2 to 1 in the 25 to 35 age bracket here in the U.S.

Even if you missed high school biology, common sense should tell you that the statistics you heard could not possibly be correct. Are you sure there wasn't some additional qualifer, besides the age group, given along with that men v women ratio?

With regard to the large negative number of excess women in Thailand - I wonder what happened to them all. Left for farangland?

Over to you, db :-)

Regards, JEff

(and what in the world is happening to the women in Samoa?)

There's the possiblity that they put a qualifier on it. Maybe it was the number of "single" or "unattached" men in that age group outnumber "single" or "unattached" women 2 to 1. Whatever it was, I can't find anything even close when searching the major news websites.

I think that you can most likely rely on the 50/50 percentage value for men/women. Nature has pretty much made this ratio pretty constistant over millions of years. It is the reason we still exist.

I rest my case. I doubt that you will see more than a 2% variation in any group you chose to look at.

Mother nature RULES.

Archived