2 to 1

hansum,

"both those figures would tend to push the M:F ratio down though and contradict the 2 to 1 statistic"

I thought most of us were in agreement that the 2 to 1 statistic was buffalo s**t, that the true ratio is 1 to 1 to 1 significant figure, and that we're now trying to explain the relatively minor variations around the world in the 2nd and 3rd decimal place?

Anyway, these days I prefer the micro-situation concept put forth by 1 poster and the ratio of Thai ladies to farang men in the sing-a-song and similar venues in Nonthaburi suits me much better than the Bangkok farang zones.

Cheers, JEff

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey DB....just curious. What does CIA fact book (if goes back that far) say about the same stats in.....let's say 1850? Before the advent of wonder drugs. Might be interesting.

>>I'm not clear on what you're asking for. Historical sex-ratio at birth?<<

No, that's probably going to be close to 50/50. More the stats after birth. I'm trying to see difference in stats before, and after, the introduction of life saving/prolonging drugs were introduced to cilvilization. Maybe a start date of 1800 would be better. Everyone would be dead before wonder drug introduction occurred.

I already know the average life span would be shocking to see. Not even half, I bet, of what it is now, just a short 200 years later.

Thanks for trying. If figures are surprisingly different in the old days, as opposed to the last couple hundred years, I'm not sure you could really identify reason anyway.

Developed drugs helped one sex more than others?

Pollution effects one sex more than others? etc., etc.

ps. I'll pm you in morning about other stuff. Had a long day...screen's gettin blurry.

Archived