My Thai Bride (2011) - Documentary

Boo Radley

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most newcomers to LOS probably don`t realise how expensive a relationship with a BG can be.......no ( legit. ) job,car or house,all of which will need to be provided ,plus commitments to support family back in the village .

Torrenova, it may have something to do with Buddhism and the idea of the "eternal present'. You cannot change the past and the future is unknown. Therefore live only in the present ... day by day. In other words, don't worry about tomorrow. I've actually heard it said, "The future will take care of itself." Uh-huh, sure it will.

Torrenova, it may have something to do with Buddhism and the idea of the "eternal present'. You cannot change the past and the future is unknown. Therefore live only in the present ... day by day. In other words, don't worry about tomorrow. I've actually heard it said, "The future will take care of itself." Uh-huh, sure it will.

I have issues with the Mai Bpen Rai attitude that permeates everything, my usual retort to Mai Bpen Rai = oh, bpen rai baby. Bpen rai....

And I will always be a product of the West. e.g., you don't have to conform to nature, but can struggle against it to make changes. That said - I certainly don't believe the Thais are dumb, au contraire. I've seen them play many scenarios rather brilliantly. And the longer i'm here the more sympathetic I become to the redshirts, irrespective of Thaksin's hypocrisy. It's bigger than that.

It's a crazy mixed up world Flash. That is my only conclusion at this point.

Gave it another listen to better understand what the lady was saying...seems the man just wanted

to lay around and drink :dunno:

I would guess the shine of being a pig farmer wore off.

This guy did "retire" at an early age, with no real plan and no $$$ in the bank to carry on in his later

years.

...same-o, same-o story of many a farang...

If he put a lot of money into the pig farm -- his life savings -- he's entitled to get at least some of the money back (with a good divorce lawyer). What was he thinking when he gave all of his money to his Thai wife? As they say, there's a sucker born every minute and these Thai BGs are more than willing to relieve these fools of their life savings.

It happens often enough. It was in the news a few years ago about a Brit put everything he had in his ex-BG wife's name - condo, car and joint ownership of his bank account. Everything was fine, until he paid a visit to England. When he left, he had 6 million baht in the bank. He came back several weeks later to find his car sold, his condo sold and his bank account nearly cleaned out. (She considerately left him 20,000 baht.) He went to the police, but they told him they could do nothing. Since it was all in the wife's name, she had done nothing illegal. Naturally, she had vanished.

Archived