James Dean In Breach Of Promise To Marry Thai Lady

Boo Radley

Video of the demonstration from the Manager website:

http://youtu.be/36_or-2WdmA

The green placard, held aloft by what looks like the mother, reads: Stop sex-crazed farang insulting Thai Women!

Most of the message board comments from Thais regarding the story are of the opinion the woman was old enough at 38 to know what she was doing, she wasn't raped, and complaining to the American Consulate is just plain silly.

It also happens to be something done often enough by Thai men. My Mrs told me about one of her classmates (also my student), a very pretty Northern Thai girl. In her 4th year of university, she met a civil servant who travelled to different provinces in his work. They dated for a couple of months, then he popped the question. She liked him, so he agreed to marry her. Then he said ... why wait until we are married! She went to a hotel with him and he shagged her brains out for the weekend. When he left, he said they'd get married on his next visit. He never came back. The gal was crushed, but she didn't go to the police over it. She kept it quiet.

I mentioned this several years later to some male students when taught at another university. They all agreed it was the girl's fault. If she had really been a "good girl", she would not have slept with him until after the marriage had actually been performed. Something similar happened to another student, a shapely girl with norks like cantaloupes. This one found out her "husband-to-be" already had a wife and children at home. The consensus with Thai men seems to be that it is all right to lie through your teeth to get laid. Honesty has nothing to do with it. Your dick comes first. And yet they all say they want to marry a virgin!

It seems to me that this Gay Nathee character is the one exploiting the situation for the most gain, which is kinda sad. While the farang in question didn't really break any laws, if he was literally promising these girls marriage in order to get laid, that is certainly not something new or particularly creative --> but rates him high on the creep scale. You want to play the game like that, you're inviting trouble inevitably, so fuck him I"m not really sympathetic. He's an asshole. Not doing us other falang any good either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived