Cheapest Mini Bar Beer?

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korean Air.

We had a forced stay over in Seoul because of a scheduling issue - about 15 years ago.

Korean Air put us up in the Seoul Hilton - no charge.

Very nice hotel.

We drank the entire mini-fridge that night.

The bill at check out the next morning was US $125.00.

• 2 months later...

One of my enginers, back in 2001. got a BG into his room and the first thing she did (while he was showering) was to empty his room's minibar, like a combine agricultural machine. Every single alcoholic drink she had consumed, downing them one after another, even mixing them.

She trashed herself and went unconscious. He spent the night putting cold towels over her, scared to death she might die in his room. She was puking, shit, piss...all included, in the bed.

She lived.

After BKK , he put in his expenses, including 85$ for the minibar and it came to me to approve. No way.

One of former Board members had encountered the same girl, same thing happened to him. Not only him, saw other reports about that particular girl (astonishingly beautiful but nuts). Voodo bar, Nana Plaza, some time in April 2001.

I stayed at the Ibis Bencoolen in Singapore at the end of July and was more than happy with it. Compared to the other budget hotels in Sing that I've stayed in the room was massive and met my three requirements (1) comfortable bed, i.e., not soft and not hard, (2) good shower and (3) good internet connection. Unless I want to splash out a few hundred bucks on a room, which I don't, then I expect I'll stay there next time.

BTW the rooms in the Ibis Hong Kong are virtually identical.

OK,

I admit Ibis Bencoolen is not that bad as you said it met your 3 basic requirements which is all that matters. When I stayed there I was on a business trip and compared to other hotels I had stayed in on previous business trips to Singapore I was a little disappointed.

But Ibis Gangnam Seoul is a completely different matter that place was micro.

Before it was the Ibis Bencoolen, I had a girlfriend who lived there, one of the most stunning girls I ever met, Uni Student at NSU in Town Planning, amazing body, sigh, reason for my good memory I was quite young then, just left school, and met her when swimming at the Uni pool, maybe part Malay as a body to die for, she asled me f Iw anted to go out and eat dinner with her, said yes, wasn't sure if she was hitting on me (I was young ok!) got to her family rooom, thought I was meeting the family, "No one home, come on, I show you my room", took me to her room and announced

"OK, don't look, but I have to change now"

. . . . . . . . . .

Sigh

Archived