Online Biz For Non English Speakers?

sidsanuk

OK, what kind of online Business do you think they could start?

My Brother in law and Sister in law live in Thailand and have very limited English. They struggle to find a decent job that pays more than $400 a month and work 6-7 days a week. Life is not easy for them. Yet both are smart and have college educations.

I run a few businesses of my own in Australia some of which are online. I’m thinking that some kind of online business would be good for them, as I can help with training, materials and back office support. But what kind of business?

The lack of English skills really has me stuck. Web site building, SEO, content writing…….all of these require English language skills if they are to reach a broad global market. The Thai online market might be a bit limited I think?

So is there an online business (targeting a global or broad market) that they could do, that does not require English language skills?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

I guess the other option is to do an online business focused purely on the Thai market? But not being able to research that myself (I don’t read/write Thai), I’m not sure how mature the market is or what the competition might be like.

Hi,

Yep, this will not be easy. The days of making a quick buck on the Internet are well and truly over and in pretty much any kind of online business you can think of, competition will be fierce.

Thailand is certainly getting more and more Internet savvy, but the market is still very limited. Some of my wife's friends / ex-students are selling cosmetics online, but to be honest I have no idea how profitable this is.

Sanuk!

Archived