Serious Toothache. Probably Going To Need A Root Canal. Bangkok. Input?

JaiRai

Post title says it all. A couple local expats recommended Asavanant at Thong Lo. If anyone has any personal input/recommendations (or better yet experience specifically with root canals in Bangkok) - they're welcome.

Many thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still go to a small dental clinic in my old neighbour in Sriyan. Women dentists, which is always nice ... root canal a few thousand baht. I remember having a root canal plus a full crown made. Didn't cost me 10,000 baht total. Dentists should not be expensive here, but I see that Thanakit is. Not a surprise in that part of town.

http://www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com

I can't recommend this place too strongly, search on my posts for my experiences there. Fantastic place, less expensive than 'tourist dental' places and very good work.

Also, predominantly female staff, gentle touch.

Just down the road from Cowboy for a post operative painkiller or three.

I had a root canal there 18 months ago - very good, no issues.

http://www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com

I can't recommend this place too strongly, search on my posts for my experiences there. Fantastic place, less expensive than 'tourist dental' places and very good work.

Also, predominantly female staff, gentle touch.

Just down the road from Cowboy for a post operative painkiller or three.

I had a root canal there 18 months ago - very good, no issues.

What Coss said.

I had a crown redone there a few years back. Outstanding work. I was mildly disconcerted at first: the dentist was female, young, and STUNNINGLY beautiful. And absolutely competent. And a perfectionist. We did the impression three times before she was satisfied. When I went back to have the finished crown seated, it was damned near perfect on the first try. I've had several crowns done, by various places (all but this one Stateside). This was probably the best job ever. She basically had to sand it a touch on the sides, to provide flossing clearance, and touch a couple of high spots, and we were done. (She did say it usually wasn't that easy.)

Archived