Nana Hotel Parking Lot Girls -- Bangkok Thailand Night Life

Flashermac

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flasher, I've said it before, but I couldnt do their job : they not only have to allow the worst of the worst through their doors, they have to fake something resembling a smile. OK - they dont ALL bother with the smile, but I can see why. It's a miracle that they can still manage a smile of any description.

It is always wise to see them in the sunlight first. :p

Sometimes you get surprised in a good way.

Some years back, I was staying at Nana Hotel. I pulled a girl from Hollywood Rock. It turned out that she'd had too much to drink, and passed out on me. We slept late the next day, finally got up and organized around noon. Last saw her leaving, in broad daylight.

The night before, in Nana Plaza and indoor light, with makeup, she'd looked OK. The next morning, outdoors, in broad daylight/bright sun, with no makeup, she was flat-out drop-dead gorgeous, classically beautiful. She was one of those girls who should NOT wear makeup.

is it me, or does this guy have a serious problem with ... basically he is scanning across the girls one by one, then you can see ahead of him where he's heading next is what looks like a hotter one, and just before he gets to the hot one, he pans right back to the ugly one he just passed to get another look at her, denying you the chance to see the hot one. A bit annoying cuz it happens repeatedly in the video.

It's similar to a shooting style I've noticed especially on soaps here (I live in SEA) where there's a scene with some old ugly actor or actress together with some fine young thing, and as a viewer you really want to get a look at the cute one, but they just keep spending 90% of screen time on the ugly one, and any reactoin shot you get is too quick, or else they pull back to a super wide show where you get to see all the unimportant details like the window, the door, the whole room overall, etc. It's shot ineptly, basically, not just cuz they seem oblivious to their actress's hotness, but also cuz they seem to have no idea how to frame or light or edit a scene.

I've seen the crews of some TV soap shooting on my soi 3 times now, also once in the market. It all seems a bit chaotic. When I first moved to Bangkok, I used to see the crews shooting in my compound - practically right outside of my window. I noticed that no one seemed to learn the lines. A script reader would tell them a line, then the camera's would roll as the actor or actress said it. Took quite a while to get the scene done.

Weird apartment complex - the neighbour opposite me was a teenage movie star, and her mother sometimes acted too ... as the granny. The teenager used to visit me for help with her English homework, dressed in nothing but her pajamas! That was interesting ... but a bit distracting. On the other side was a scrawny, bad tempered Christian Dior model, who was always dragging home different men to shag. Her sister was quite pretty, played a vampire in a soap. I saw her sister's nude photos in a men's magazine. She should have kept her clothes on - almost flat chested, but gorgeous otherwise.

Oh, yeah - a UN guy kept his mia noi and son in the complex. I could always tell when he arrived, since I'd hear his Citroen "deflating" when he turned off the engine. One day his wife arrived from the States and the fit hit the shan. :)

Rule number 1 in cinematography: Lighting.

Rule number 2: Lighting.

Rule number 3: Lighting.

Was actually sitting at the Golden Beer Bar last night about 2am, almost never go there (not sure why, just never end up there). Anyway, figured what the hell I'll have a beer and was genuinely surprised at the level of hotness of some of the freelancers hovering around.

Strange days indeed.

One other thing in this video. Similar to what I was talking about before, this camera man's way of not focusing on the hot one but preferring instead to focus on the dog, at one point he heads away from the main lineup at the front of the car park, heads over to the left where some girls are sitting on a curb in front of the restaurant/bakery there at Nana Hotel, but there is one girl whose back is to us, and she's the one who looks a bit tall and leggy and potentially hot, while the sitting ones are all obviously very blah looking. So naturally he goes over to all the blah ones and focuses on each one, one by one, and completely avoids showing us the face of the possibly hot one, in fact all you get is a closeup of the back of her head while he's panning (echoing the shot in Pulp fiction when we are first introduced to Marcus by just seeing the back of his head in closeup as he talks to someone). So then he goes down toward the hotel entrance a bit, but then does a sudden 180 and heads back, this time going right up to that tall one, and ... well... you just watched it so you know what's coming... of course it turns out to be a lady boy.

I've seen the crews of some TV soap shooting on my soi 3 times now, also once in the market. It all seems a bit chaotic. When I first moved to Bangkok,

You know, and I think many others here too, that I'm not in Thailand, but in another SEA country. From what I've seen on tv, your soaps are a step up from ours. Don't get me wrong, they're still pretty crude by western standards. But over here, I think you need an uncle high up in government if you want to be on tv or even on crew. The absolute worst tv I've ever seen (in technical terms, stuff like sound, lighting, camera, framing etc.) was in Cambodia. Here it's just a bit better than there.

Just curious, I assume in Thailand they show imported soaps too, right? And if so, it's a given they get some from China, South Korea and probably Singapore. What about other countries? We actually get a fair few from Philippines here. And Thailand, and the rest of the countries I just mentioned.

Archived