Mad Max Meets Ac/dc Meets Bagpipes

StoneSoup

• 4 months later...

I`ve looked for credits about that too, hadn`t found any till this. I do remember a newspaper article years ago when in Oz that had stated he had learnt the pipes as a young boy with his family, and had even been part of a pipe band, but never since can I find the article on line

1962 - Bon is in the Opening Ceremony at The Empire Games held at Perry Lakes Stadium. He is awarded Best Side Drummer and wins the Novice Champion for Drumming. Bon continues playing in the Pipe Band until he is 17.

http://www.bonscott.com.au/bonsstory.htm

Bagpipes

George Young, having heard that Scott was in a pipe band, encouraged the use of the bagpipes in the song and Scott obliged though having never played them before; eventually managing to squeeze a tune out of them.[1] In fact Scott was a side drummer for the pipe band and had no previous experience with the bagpipes.[1] Scott played the bagpipes live until in 1976 he set the bagpipes down at the corner of a stage and they were destroyed by fans.[1] The band reverted to a tape in subsequent live performances.[2]

Archived