Atm Fees

Krungsri also allows 30 000 in one go, however it depends on your home country limit too, I have friends who have $1000 a day limit in USA, yet they oddly think they can withdraw more per day when traveling.

I can take out at least 120 000 a day from Krunsri ATM's with my Krungsri card

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB your statement suggests that all banks ATM's charge Baht 180 and limit one to Baht 10,000 withdrawals however this is not true. How many different ATM's have you tried?

MM,

I tried 3 different ATMs from Kasikorn, Ayutaya (?) and Bangkok Bank, all with 2 different cards.

BB

Don't know if this means anything, but in my experience I have never paid any ATM fees for withdrawals.

I bank with Bangkok Bank and found that it was always better to withdraw large amounts -- over 100k from the originating bank branch and smaller amounts from that branch's ATM. Always without a charge.

Kasikornbank is the one I always use as I know I will have no probs with it. I withdrew B20K on Thursday evening and the charge was B150.

But Munchie there is a dispensation for funds drawn from a Dubai account, it is how Thaksin can repatriate his funds back into the economy allowing you to have a little fun at his expense!

1. Open a Thai bank account and have them issue you their bank ATM card for your account.

2. Wire transfer in funds from your country of origin (My Citibank account in the USA charges $20 for the wire xfr)

3. Now you can pull funds out of your Thai bank account, using the bank's ATM machine, without any bank charges as

long as you are within your bank account's area.

ie, your bank account (say, Kasikorn) was opened in Bangkok, you pull money from a Kasikorn ATM in Khon Kaen,

you will have to pay a small fee (10 ~ 20 baht?) as you are outside your bank account's area.

Archived