Concerns About Airlines And Hotels And An Expired 30 Say Tourist Visa

dean

Hi,

"I took 5 IPads and 1 IPhone to him this after noon and he will have the broken glass replaced in all of them by 7 tonight."

Jeez, you do know that you can use your finger, right? No need to use a hammer :)

Sanuk!

Haha, it would take a hammer to break one, I have sat on mine, dropped it from a tuk tuk and apart from a few dents to the casing the screen never cracked.

Wanker (I like calling ya that haha)

Yes, overstay is now being frowned upon, for a one trip tourist not much of an issue but for someone in the OP's position (homes in Thailand, Thai Wife etc) not recommended, hence the reason I advised get a 15 day extension or apply for Non-Imm O

Phone Friends had the 4 IPads and 1 IPhone done tonight and all seem to work fine. I had bought 5 wifi wires because they seem to be damaged in cases where people try to replace their cracked screens. Ks, these IPads were bought over the last month on EBay relatively cheap (between $150-175) with the intention of having them fixed cheaper in Thailand. My wife and her oldest daughter have IPads and the other 3kids fight over them. Now, they will have 1 less thing to fight over. I plan on giving 1 to either my wife's mother or sister, so they can Skype or FaceTime. If Phone Friend can fix the fifth IPad that doesn't power on, I'll keep it. If Phone Friend can't fix it, I'll try to find someone else at MBK or Chiang Mai to fix it, as I'm pretty sure that it is a pretty easy fix, like a detached wire. Concerning a marriage visa, I plan on going that route when we move back permanently. After this trip, I don't plan on coming back for at least 4-6 years. The kids are on their own if they want to visit. The 5 year old starts kindergarten in August and will not be coming every year or two with his mother, who I'm sure will continue coming to LOS on a regular basis. There is a good chance that I will bing my son back for 1 year of school and will definately keep the marriage visa in mind for that time.

Dean,

Glad my man sorted you out and you are happy with the results, I would recommend him to anyone.

You are correct about SKYPE and Facetime compared to your cable costs, the iPads will pay for themselves in a couple of years.

Cheers

Kong

I'll check with immigration in Chiang Mai. If I don't have to go through much BS and the cost is around 1800 baht, I may go ahead and get an extension. By the way, Kong, while I was waiting T PF this afternoon, I told him I wanted to transfer my music from my IPod to IPhone. He did this, without charge, while I was waiting.

• 1 month later...

After getting to the airport around 5 PM Tuesday, I checked with several of the information counters about whether it was possible to check in a bag through some other method rather than waiting until Delta's counters open around 2:30 AM. The answer was the same as I got from calling Delta's Bangkok office the previous day; "no." I considered taking the checked bag through thai immigration (all of this just to avoid the 1,000 bath 2 day overstay fine). Its good that I didn't, as Delta's flight out of Bangkok on the day I was leaving was not leaving from a gate but passenger's were bused to the plane Paying the 1,000 baht was easy. The desk is just beyond the immigration desks and took 5-10 minutes. Besides some paperwork and a new stamp for the 31st, instead of the original stamp of 29th, they did use a computer for 1 minute, so I may have something listed on my record. The main thai official helped a trainee get through the procedure. He did confirm to me that, if I had only overstayed by 1 day, there would be no fee. I doubt if I will be in the same position of getting a FF ticket with a 32 day stay again, but if I did, I'd probably do the same thing and pay on leaving LOS.

• 2 weeks later...

well done dean :)

however going through immigration early will not make a difference as they look on your boarding pass' departure time as your exit time out of the kingdom this the main reason for the waiver for 1 day overstay (but once you reach 2 days overstay the first day is no longer free thus 1000bt fee & the criminal stamp/record!) typically for past midnight departures while clearing immi before 00:00 hours ;)

I noted for the first time upon coming back to los after leaving with an overstay I was asked how long i planned to stay & while answering some 3 weeks it was not given any further consideration lol).

overstay serious? nah as if any crime in los is considered serious :)

Archived