Surviving Zombies Or Post Apocolyptic World. Your Ideas?

Steve

Okay, yes, I must be bored. Haven't been on here in a while. Anyway there are a plethora of zombie tv shows and movies *World War Z, 28 Days/Weeks, The Walking Dead) as well as post apocolypitc world movies which also may include zombies.

I was having a discussion with friends after seeing WWZ and thought I'd ask you all what you would do.

First for me it would depend on how much time I had. If I didn't have time to plan, I would try and find someplace warm all year round and remote. I don't want to have to survive winters and make it hard on myself and they say the best thing to do is stay awaY from major population centers. Ideally, I would look for a boat, yacht, something away from land. Food is another big issue.

If I had time and assuming a fare amount money there are one of two things I would do. I may build an underground bunker in a sparse area of Florida, Louisiana (agains staying in warm areas). guns, seeds, small animals and recruit survivalists both men and definitely female. People with all sorts of skills and over team teach each other what we know. A shit load of weapons. I'd make it so our home isn't visible to the passer by and booby trap the hell out of the area. Various underground tunnels like the Viet Cong used to build.

If I was a multi-millionaire, I'd simply buy one of those small islands for sale the Bahamas has. Big enough to support life but not too small. My main worry would be hurricanes but I'd build underground bunkers there as well. I'd get away from people.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of the books gobbledonk mentioned a decent sized group held up well in a prison. I think that'd be my plan. Have been watching "Falling Skies" lately and getting a few ideas from there.. Depending on how the good lady's health is tomorrow will be seeing WWZ then.

Archived