2 X 1-Way Tickets

Thai Airways site, booking 2 x 1 way ticket is almost half price of one return ticket for the same class, same dates if stay is over 30 days.

Nagoya - Bangkok:

Return ticket: 57,025 THB

Two one way tickets: 13,983THB each, less than 28,000THB combined. Slightly less than price for stay over 30 days.

Family staying 2 months are on tickets like that. For stay under 30 days, prices are same, the lower one.

I have no idea why is that. A furphy that one must have a return ticket is blown by the fact that 2 x 1-way tickets combined also satisfy that requirement.

Yeah Qantas had a sale not so long ago, $698 to Singapore/KL/HK, $798 BKK - very good value, cheaper than a low cost carrier when you consider what's included.. Often around $900 now (QF), which is still good when you consider anything under $1000 was considered cheap during the SARS days (2004?) nearly 10 years ago?

I have no idea why is that. A furphy that one must have a return ticket is blown by the fact that 2 x 1-way tickets combined also satisfy that requirement.

Why would your wife need a return ticket when she is Thai? even I don't need a return ticket on a Non-Imm O visa.

One time, leaving the USA to fly to BKK, when I checked in the airline asked me about my return ticket...I told them I

live in Thailand but that did not satisfy them...I showed them my work permit and then they were OK :dunno:

The airline is responsible for the cost should you be returned by the authorities on the other side. That is commercial, not legal thing.

Just booked a RT from BKK to DFW (Dallas, Texas)...WTF...$400 International Surcharge ???

Airfare: 41,130.00 THB Equivalent Airfare: 1,321.00 USD U.S. Customs User Fee: 5.50 U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7.00 U.S. APHIS User Fee: 5.00 U.S. Federal Transportation Tax: 34.40 September 11th Security Fee: 7.50 Thailand Passenger Service Charge: 22.50 Japan Passenger Security Service Charge: 10.00 Japan Passenger Service Facilities Charge: 20.40 International Surcharge: 400.00 U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 12.00 Per Person Total: 1,845.30 USD

Archived