August - Phuket Or Samui?

lifesabeach

Greetings....I've been coming to Thailand for years but mostly in winter time. I will be visiting BKK in early August and am wondering whether to go onto Samui or Phuket? I will only have about 4 days of beachtime...

I went to Samui once 20 years or so ago and thought it was ok but not that beautiful...big flat undramatic coconut plantation.... Since then I have been to Phuket many times and quite like Kata beach, the mountains behind it and the nightlife in Patong....If weather were not an issue I would just go to Phuket, but have heard Samui is better in August and Phuket can be rainy...I don't mind a bit of rain, but all day is no good...I'd appreciate the opinions of anyone with firsthand information...Thanks!

I am in Samui at the moment and been raining afternoons or evenings for an hour or so (maybe 4 or 5 times a week) . Still nice in the daytime. Lamai reasonable quiet at night times with bars pretty empty.

Greetings....I've been coming to Thailand for years but mostly in winter time. I will be visiting BKK in early August and am wondering whether to go onto Samui or Phuket? I will only have about 4 days of beachtime...

I went to Samui once 20 years or so ago and thought it was ok but not that beautiful...big flat undramatic coconut plantation.... Since then I have been to Phuket many times and quite like Kata beach, the mountains behind it and the nightlife in Patong....If weather were not an issue I would just go to Phuket, but have heard Samui is better in August and Phuket can be rainy...I don't mind a bit of rain, but all day is no good...I'd appreciate the opinions of anyone with firsthand information...Thanks!

either place is good anytime.

i like rain,so not a problem.

good to see Limbo posting,he was a great help in arranging things for me a few Years ago and showed me a good time..... :grinyes::wave::applause:

Archived