No Local Joiners!

The_Munchmaster

if only nervous dog were here I'm sure he could tell how much fun vien tian really is & come on only a select few properties will give u problems with 'joiners' in the LDR ;)

is this really a 60++ retired club with no more sense of adventure? :p

After nearly 2 years I can report that there's plenty of P4P, but: it's not really Farang orientated and that, that there is, is more or less discreet.

So for a person used to the blatant excesses of LOS it can look very quiet.

The obvious trade, such as it is, is in the 12 blocks or so, that comprise the 'Tourist' centre adjacent to the river front. Not all, but some accommodation accept guests.

Secondary, would be in most local restaurants, there will always be a group of girls, speaking Thai or Lao helps, but surprisingly, many can speak a little English, but they lack confidence to do so, as they are naturally shy and have not had the chance to practise.

Thirdly in the third world, there're "Cafes' often run by Viets, distinctive for the word 'Cafe' in English on their signage. Usually a small journey into deepest darkest suburbia. These and other places that have the fairy lights (props ND) are where the locals go. And some of the talent, is eye watering, from both ends of the spectrum.

Don't ask me about prices, in my quest I'm a chap of exemplary behaviour here, so I don't know, but I imagine that $50 in the suburbs would make you a King.

I realize its not the wild west forum of cambodia with most popular topic how to find youngest 5$ shag, but still dirty handbag frede & beach road zanemay used to be regulars here but probably even flasher dont recall those outstanding members anymore :D

probably once the p4p industry dies a slow death in LOS Laos will pick up the ball & make a killing in petro...umm FDI 'entertainment' dollars :))

One of the big attractions for me about Vientiane was the lack of LOS like 'streets full o' hookers'. I can report that in the last 12 months, short, up your crack, shorts are now becoming very popular. On the one hand I like this as the eye candy is great. On the other, I am not looking forward to seeing the place over-run with whores.

Mind you the powers that be, when they get their minds to it, have a disturbingly encompassing effectiveness, in any actions they decide to take in matters such as these.

Happy shagging gotta be with a LOCAL always....but feel free to bring an american to LOS...or bring sand or rocks 555+

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"there're "Cafes' often run by Viets"

On my 1974 visit there were "bars" run by the Viets, in reality knocking shops with cute Lao and even Thai gals from Nongkhai. I think in-house service was something like the equivalent of 50 baht. Every one of them had two photos on the wall - King Savang Vatthana of Laos and President Nguyen Van Thieu of South Vietnam, clearly showing where their loyalties were. They knew quite well that if the commies came to power, the brothels would promptly be closed down. And indeed they were.

• 1 month later...

On my 1974 visit, I kept hearing about opium dens. Out of curiosity, I asked a hippie (terminology in those days) where they were. He pointed at a place right across the street that looked like a noodle shop. The price was the equivalent of 4 baht a bowl. He encouraged me to partake, but I turned it down. My concern was ... what if I got to like it? :p

There was a floating population of Farang junkies in those days, under the coalition government. When the commies seized power the following year, the opium dens and brothels had to go. So did the Farangs. But to be fair about it, the Pathet Lao held an election. Every citizen was required to vote. And there was one candidate for each office.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived