Inexpensive Rentacar In Thailand

For those renting cars, this company is what I have been using over last 8 years.

Roughly half price of what established chains have. Cars I rented never had more than 15K km, new, clean, maintained.

Other discounters use them too, adding 1,000-2,000 THB their markup atop (that is how I learned to use them directly, got their car through another discount car rental).

Using them again this year. Online booking, no deposit until pickup.

They have no shiny offices to fund but still have well trained, efficient and courteous staff:

Ten minutes to take pictures of your passport and driving license and to inspect the car (be detailed!) and you go:

hhthairentacar00.jpg

Look at the rear mirror...their logo ...and ....a girl (student in uniform). She is not part of the deal :(

hhthairentacar01.jpg

I have no interest or affiliation with this company, just recommending their inexpensive and reliable service.

link to their site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

inexpensive/half price?????

man u must be on some drugs lol!!!

try avisthailand.com & certainly this is not the cheapest around (but probably the cheapest at the airports & thus biggest stand lol) but almost half price of thairentacar...then try asking thairentacar for a quote at airport counter & they will most certainly ask u how much did avis quote u & then try to beat that price, but probably they cant!

funny shit, but do continue with your online 'cheap' bookings chok dee krup 5555555+

Wait, this morning I returned the car. Upon pick up, they noted there were 2 bars of fuel less than full, return like that.

I Had had 2 bars, topped with 200B, thinking it should be ok.

No, there were 3 bars missing on the fuel indicator when we arrived to the airport. He asked for 600B. Paid, could not be arsed to argue.

OK, you have a point. I remember Avis and Thai Avis, quite different prices, the former one was a franchise, double priced (perhaps doing more or better cars).

fair enough.

another problem with thairentacar is their compact/midsize options are missing my default choice: altis 1.8/civic 1.8/2.0

what i like with http://www.krungthai.co.th is that you will choose a specific car model to rent & this is what you get exactly...not some category of car & you will get something 'similar' as with avis etc. however its nice when a free upgrade is offered occasionally though :p

price is krungthai probably not cheaper than avisthai, but i liked their waive of some 2 hours late return on my last rental & fuel policy is to return it empty meaning you also get an empty tank on renting...very interesting haha!!!

Sure, if you are specific with what you need. I need just something that rolls reliably.

My point is: any car fit for rental is better than a taxi. Even if I don't move the car for days (6 out of 12 days this time, not even see her).

My car, my freedom. Drive her or not. Just don't want fast, careless driving, loud music or ads on radio that most taxi drivers would have you to "enjoy".

Then, whoever gives you that freedom at a "no care" price is good. Thai rentacar was that one without many hassles.

I posted something like that too, many years ago. A Welsh guy doing micro renting. Several Board members had rented from him. Quite a character, a former heavy machinery operator. Tattooed to his neck. He passed away in October 2006. Soi 36, Thong Lor. But that was near my then home, a walking distance, easy to get there and back on foot.

Other microrentals, used them 4 times. Nothing below my minimum but they are not at the airport to pick up or to return the car.

Archived