The Thaiglish Thread!

Flashermac

Have a nice day. Welcome to ignore, the only person on it.

What I find interesting is that *sometimes* the R is pronounced on a semi-regular basis. Eg. gin kao ruu yang (did you eat yet), I mostly (but not always) hear the "r" pronounced. But if someone were to say I don't know ---> I never hear "mai ruu," but always "mai loo". Same with krap. Sure, it's polite to say khawp khun krap, but I hear Thais say that .000001 percent of the time, it's always Kap. Or with taxi drivers, a dramatic kaaaaaaap. :)

My own personal favorite word: à¸à¹‡à¹„ด้ - and I honestly don't know why. But I employ it a gazillion times daily, to great pleasure. 55555

Ps. You've straightened me out a few times when i was wrong prior and saved a little embarrassment, and for that thanks Flash. Though I still choose to employ low brow slang OFTEN, much to your chagrin.

:p

Certainly, you have no skills, not me saying that, you have demonstrated that by starting this stupid thread. No skilled person would have ever done that.

God bless you to be born in an English speaking country, that's all the skills you have.

Its funny!

Relax!!

You have to be able to laugh at this stuff.

I know living in Japan can be super high stress compared to everwhere else I've lived but what Mac posted, and his comments, were absolutely not offensive. It doesn't make Thais look clueless...English as a second language often has light moments.

Deal with this every day in marriage and work and the first time I have ever heard pointing out interesting mistakes and misuse of English as making people look clueless is in this thread.

Hi,

TTM, what the fuck is your problem?

Flashermac started a light-hearted thread poking some fun at Thais and you have to start insulting him?

Sanuk!

Somehow, I perhaps misread his reply as a claim of authority to make fun at will.

Since it is not like that, I apologize to Flashermac, Khun Sanuk and Board Members.

Archived