7-11 Stores

unit731

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess 7-11 doesn't offer territorial protection to the franchisee in LOS. If I remember right in Tokyo there is always one 7-11 near any subway/train station, but not more.

That could be an external law that does not exist in Thai (and many other countries).

Something like Australian law that prohibits newsstands of one company opening another outlet within 500m, to prevent information (press availability) control by a single entity.

I suspect there is something like that in Japan, 7-11s are not at every corner of the intersections, petrol stations are also diverse.

One more thing that 7-11 decides , in Thai and elsewhere: the location. One can't pass all the requirements and get 7-11 in a lone house in the sticks even if ready absorb the loss.

No Shortage of 7-11s in Patts, and they seem to be packed from sunup to way past sundown. The Samui photo is funny, but I think I've seen something similar in Patts or BKK - just didnt feel sufficiently motivated to take a photo. I see it as no different to the way Thais in MBK and Pantip are happy to stock *exactly* the same selection of mobile phones/dodgy MP3 players etc as their competitors on either side. TiT.

For all its drawbacks, I miss Pattaya more than any other location in Asia. It's Disneyland meets Bizarro World meets Groundhog Day. Try finding that combination anywhere else on earth ! :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

He probably did not click on the picture to enlarge it and see there is another 7-11 accross the road, left one reflects in the window.

But still nothing funny other than they are 2 in such proximity and the intersection does not look that busy or hard to cross the road like Sukhumvit is with concrete partition in the middle and 24x7 traffic.

But still , 7-11 deemed both businesses viable and let them sit next to each other.

My friend here in Sydney looked into opening one in Khon Kaen where she is from. 6,000,000 baht start up costs.

I am in the process of assessing franchise applications for a new company in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. We have a 5 km clear zone on all stores.

Archived