Andrew Drummond - Influential People And Men In Suits

Boo Radley

Excellent video, read his site 3 or 4 times a week and been following the Noyes drama for the past year.

My initial exposure to written perspectives on Thailand was Stickman's self-indulgent drivel, which almost killed my desire to come. Drummond's straight-shooting work, to the extent of putting himself in harm's way, gives one hope that it's NOT all not total bullshit here. Wish him luck.

Posted the link to the video before I watched it all. The first 5 minutes were interesting, but IMO it drags a little towards the end.

Nevertheless, an interesting story. Seems to have a bee in his bonnet about this character Noyes and won't drop it. Not sure how it will all end...

• 1 month later...

Looks like Drummond is packing up and leaving Thailand in the New year.

"Yes. That's been on the cards for a long time. Have had a great 20+ years or so. And of course I will stay till I have finished the business in hand. But I have to think of my kids but the arrival of a third changed things, and watching 25 years of governments doing sweet fa with their education system has rather clinched it for me despite encouragement from readers here who have successfully brought up children in Thailand. So this time next year I may be in rural Berkshire having fun with my kids on the Thames or Kennet come rain or shine. I have been through a few British depressions. Does not bother me. Can sneak back anytime....kids permitting.

I love this country but why is it that good honest foreigners here to help out Thailand get it in the neck, while the criminals and spivs live the high life? No wonder there is a local expression. 'Truth will never die. But if you tell it you surely will'. My time comes up in Thailand next year. I am having my kids educated in the U.K. When they are older I hope they will stand up and fight for what is right like Dr. Ellis."

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2013/09/andrew-drummond-revamps-for-new-look-as.html

Archived