3 Thai Bouncers Vs 1 Farang @ Nanaplaza

Boo Radley

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repulsive. It's a Hillary Bar.

I go out drunk frequently and have certainly pissed off my share of folks (including on this board), though avoid confrontations with Thais - because it's always ugly. Was at Climax a few weeks ago and a couple Euro guys came through - old guys who were very obnoxious - one of them had a lit cigarette and while waving his arms around with the music burned a thai woman on the arm. She was in obvious pain and this asshole laughed.

I didn't see a Thai guy in the place other than dek-serves and the weird bathroom dudes, but next thing you know there was a swarm of like 20 yanking this guy outside in a brutal fashion, and you know something violent was about to happen.

Still feel safer than Los Angeles, but this video is repugnant. Kicking a guy in the head who is passed out? There's always a subtle underlying tension of violence here. You navigate it as best you can with your integrity somewhat intact, but it is... what it is.

Back in the early 1980s, I went to a new Patpong bar that Trink praised and recommended visiting. I had one beer and was handed a bill for 1,000 baht! I asked what that was for. Reply - "the show". There wasn't any show! Suddenly, 4 or 5 Thai guys appeared behind me. The message was clear - pay up or get beaten up. I tossed a grey note on the bar and walked out. I looked all over for a tourist policeman, but none was to be seen, so I went home in disgust. The next day I called Trink and read him the riot act. It turned out I wasn't the only one. In his next column, he revoked his recommendation and said he was very disappointed with the owner, a Thai woman he thought was honest. :spank:

Closest I have come.

Hi,

Closest I came was with a couple motorbike taxi guys.

My wife and I walked past them to our car. One of them said something I didn't catch. Didn't pay it any notice, but when we got to the car the look on my wife's face told me something was wrong. She just said that the guy had made a rude comment, wouldn't say what.

If I had heard what he said I likely would have been beaten up as I would have replied, and my reply would not have been polite. Most likely result would have been him getting pissed off and beating me - along with his mates of course.

My wife full well knew I would have replied, so she wisely didn't say anything until we were in the car driving away. Was probably for the best.

Sanuk!

One of the benefits ( or drawbacks ) of understanding Thai is being able to decifer the rude comments that Thais sometimes pass thinking we don`t know what they are saying :grinyes: ....this has happened to me on more than one occasion.The first time I was in danger of losing my cool and confronting the person responsible,in hindsight glad I didn`t as confrontation rarely has a good outcome.Now I shall just ignore it :sleeping: and regard it as one of the many drawbacks that balance the plus points of being in LOS :hubbahubba:

Archived