Driving To Thailand

chelseafan

Crazy as it seems, I've always wanted to drive from London to Bangkok, stopping on the way to see sights in different countries....a straight run could be done in 2 weeks (including over night stops) but I would want to take longer obviously.

What I really want to know is how easy would this be (assuming I can get relevant visas)? I know I can drive my UK plates in Europe but what would be the laws/restrictions driving through Turkey or Iran for example?

Crazy as it seems, I've always wanted to drive from London to Bangkok, stopping on the way to see sights in different countries....a straight run could be done in 2 weeks (including over night stops) but I would want to take longer obviously.

What I really want to know is how easy would this be (assuming I can get relevant visas)? I know I can drive my UK plates in Europe but what would be the laws/restrictions driving through Turkey or Iran for example?

Turkey should be ok, but I would avoid Iran / Afganistan / Pakistan at all cost....try Turkey and then Turkmenistan and then straight to China and after that south to Thailand......

Have you got a decent motor? I'd want a 4x4 for a journey like that.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171268

Archived