How To Watch English Premier League In Thailand 2013-2016

Mekong

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RM

Every Apple Device I own has been Jailbroken, they make some good shit when you can play with them :)

I use APV (hacked) with multiple VPN's and stream direct at 1080P to TV, I can also use my laptop as a PC at the same time as streaming VDO.

OK I am a self confessed apple geek but this little box works for me especially when jailbroken. Best 3,800 Baht I have sent on hardware in my life.

That's interesting and I very much need to look into this. The need to jailbreak is to my mind a bit of a pain, and unfortunate but if I can make the device work such that I can watch BBC iPlayer in Thailand, or elsewhere, see you tube videos and essentially any online video content streamed direct to the device without needing to have other hardware (laptop, desktop, phone) in the loop then I think I will be satisfied. 1080p is not an issue.

Google doesn't make much sense of APV.

RM

You can use any IOS or OSX device with Apple TV, i am using an old iPhone 4S and still getting 1080P resolution.

I am now a sad old cunt watching Corrie and Emerdale on ITV player, Never mind the Buzzcocks and Mock of the week on BBC Iplayer, my old man does not use his SKY mobile so I have his ID and Password for all of those channels.

Apple TV just hooks up via HDMI and set up via Wireless OK I have my 3TB Apple Time machine hooked up for tunes and movies but thats just me.

Get an Apple TV, Jailbreak it and watch all your favourite shows.

Yeah, I understand but I'm still dumb here. Here's what I know. BBC iPlayer wants you to have a UK IP address, ok, no problem my vpn provides a uk ip address and BBC iPlayer works, on a device where I can configure a vpn connection. From all that I can find I see no way that this is possible on the Apple TV device. Are you saying that this is possible on the device after jailbreaking, or does it still require to be streamed through another vpn enabling device?

I won't go Into detail here but here is a write up http://www.allofvpn.com/vpn-on-apple-tv/

Every apple device supports VPN's and I do use my Time Capsule. Jail broken. Apple TV gives me 48 VPN's for less than 250 Baht / Month and even with my Internet cost it works out cheaper than unTrue vision with 100 times more channels.

I admit that I am a geek and also a cheap Charlie at that, Mr Khi Neow is my given Thai name and I am proud of the fact hehe.

Thanks, that link is useful.

But...

Comes back to the same thing, you need to set the vpn on the router or use another device, still not seeing this being done in the ATV. Maybe the jailbreaking fixes that but the article does not go into that.

Here's a practical application that I would hope to achieve. With an apartment WiFi connection I can access BBC iPlayer using my laptop, the vpn connection is established on the laptop and the router simply passes it through. Note that the apartment WiFi is a provided service and is not directly configurable (or changeable)

Using a streaming tv device I want to connect it to the apartment tv, it has HDMI ports and is accessible, and from there have it connect to the apartment WiFi (it's an unlimited connection setup). What I don't want is to have to use my laptop as a part of this setup. Do you think this is do-able?