Robbed

The_Munchmaster

Munchie

Look on the bright side you lost the money without any physical assault.

I know it's hard to forget but it is easier to forget if things had been nasty.

I would buy you a dum soda myself but since you don't wish to meet me in real life that will just remain an offer.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the bad luck MM, and let's not forget that US$1200 to a Scotsman is like a couple of million to the rest of us :wink: Would concur with the consensus, don't drag the cops in unless you need a report for insurance purposes. Of course if your hotel mate were a decent sort he would at least allow you to go get insurance and say post date the claim and the making of the police report for about a month from now :nono::shocked:

Was this the place you regularly frequent?

Like Mekong would happily stand you a drink to help with the shock, hey hang on a minute, don't tell me this is some new feckin scam, or am I getting just too paranoid :p:D

Munchie and I will never meet up in real, he thinks I am a cunt and I allow him his opinions.

Ironically we both know of BM's in real life who get on with both of us, but obviously I have an ego bigger than MM's

I don't dislike MM but for some reason we cannot seem to see eye to eye, I wont hold it against him its just one of those things.

So when the hotel says the CCTV doesn't show anyone entering your room from Sunday to Wednesday, what they mean is that no strangers entered the room. Did they tell you which hotel staff entered the room? Don't be so sure a maid or other staff can't get access to the master key. Did you get the 5000 baht from the hotel?

Did your friend, the manager, tell you how many times thefts have occurred at the hotel?

Munchie and I will never meet up in real, he thinks I am a cunt and I allow him his opinions.

Ironically we both know of BM's in real life who get on with both of us, but obviously I have an ego bigger than MM's

I don't dislike MM but for some reason we cannot seem to see eye to eye, I wont hold it against him its just one of those things.

Don't be so easy on yourself - I share Munchy's opnion. Anyone who can be a 'nice guy' offline (your claim, but I recall someone else confirming it) and a total prick online is clearly suffering from some form of mental illness, but you've alluded to that in past threads so I wont labor the point. We can all be keyboard warriors at times, but you have spent years (!) deliberately pissing people off on this board : boggles the mind.

So when the hotel says the CCTV doesn't show anyone entering your room from Sunday to Wednesday, what they mean is that no strangers entered the room. Did they tell you which hotel staff entered the room? Don't be so sure a maid or other staff can't get access to the master key. Did you get the 5000 baht from the hotel?

Did your friend, the manager, tell you how many times thefts have occurred at the hotel?

Munchy's OP scared the bejesus out of me as normally keep almost everything in the hotel safe (one ATM card on me and the other in the safe with the bulk of my money and my *passport*) - no PIN numbers, but it would still be a shit feeling. I just don't believe that any Thai thief sufficiently skilled to climb into a 5th floor window, crack the combination on your safe and get out before anyone entered the room is going to waste time on hotel burglaries with the risks they entail. I also share the complete lack of confidence previously expressed in the Thai police, and that leaves me with one option - travel insurance for the first 90 days of my stay. Doesn't help Munchy, and I've always seen it as a complete waste of money, but I'm going to look into it.

Hope this hasn't ruined your stay, Munchy, but I'd look for a new hotel. The manager might be a standup guy, but at least one of his staff is a tea-leaf. Would be interesting to know if anyone else in the hotel has been robbed recently.

Don't be so easy on yourself - I share Munchy's opnion. Anyone who can be a 'nice guy' offline (your claim, but I recall someone else confirming it) and a total prick online is clearly suffering from some form of mental illness, but you've alluded to that in past threads so I wont labor the point. We can all be keyboard warriors at times, but you have spent years (!) deliberately pissing people off on this board : boggles the mind.

Gobbie, you seem to have this hang up over me, for every one of my sarcastic posts i probably make 20 that are both informative and helpful, even towards yourself I have informed you of Hi Fi Shops, Visa requirements and banking etc, but you seem to forget all of the helpful posts I make and focus my occasional negative posts,

I am the last person in the world who would claim to know Thailand inside out but after living here for over 22 years now the opinions of "Barstool Lawyers" do piss me off and I do tend to react to, in my opinion, bad advice.

Take this thread for example, my advice to Munchie was to write it of to experience and move on, there is little point in crying over spilt milk, and he reluctantly agreed that I was offering the best advice, the guy who thinks that I am a right cunt accepted what I had to say on the issue.

One thing yourself and I have in common is our love of music and we could probably talk until the cows came home about it, I have sold all my CD's now and just have 3TB of MP3's but my vinyl collection is still gathering dust at my mothers in the UK, Autographed albums by Zepplin, Floyd and the Who, photos of back stage parties with Pink Fairies, Sabbath and Motorhead, a recording of me jamming with Phil Lynott, Scott Gorham and Gary Moore, those are my memories.

As I said, we agree to disagree and I know that not all people can see eye to eye, but just because we cannot seem to agree on most things does that really make me such a bad person? I accept that I am rather opinionated and can piss people off from time to time but my opinions are based on life experiences.

You can still consider me a cunt, I wont hold it against you, if we all got along the world would be a boring place.

Sorry to hear about your losses, but what I find very strange is that not all money has been taken, why bother as a thief, it's all or nothing. Why leave any money?

... because a drunk farang may not know how much cash was left, but would remember that the envelope still had $$$$. So should the Munch name the hotel to warn others or keep it quiet to make the thiefs life easier? :dunno:

Now the envelope and remaining cash may have fingerprints! Where's Nancy Drew when you need her?

nancy-drew-mystery-at-the-lilac-inn.jpg

Archived