In Defence Of Chicken Rice ....

gobbledonk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about the welfare state as I've never used it and don't know anyone who has but I doubt it was the same 25 years ago as it is today and I also doubt very much that you left the UK because of the welfare state.

Mr M.Master.

You don't know me or my beliefs yet jump to your own egoistical conclusions about me, probably one of the reasons why you misunderstand me.

I too have never used the welfare state in the UK but for many years have seen how he burden on the tax payer has been getting higher annually . Nowadays an Eastern European can come to UK, give birth to a child for free in an NHS hospital then bugger off back home and still claim UK Social and Child Benefit for 3 years, the UK is the laughing stock.

Could you please tell me that why should I as Middle Income Earner should hand over 50% of my money for the UK government to waste? I did see this coming 25 years ago, Mrs Thatcher's lapdog Norman Lamont gave a great piece of advice "Get on your Bike" I did and have never looked back.

You may call me a hypocrite about immigration since I myself am an expat immigrant living in Thailand, the difference being is I pay my own way, if I need health care then I pay, either out of my pocket or from my own Health Insurance. If I am between projects the government does not give me handouts or pay for my housing it all comes from my savings. Once I reach retirement age the Thai Government wont pay me a pension, I need to be self supportive based on my previous investments in order to put rice in the bowl. For a non-Imm O visa either married or Retired you have to prove to immigration a minimum amount of Money in the bank, I just wish the UK was the same. Yes you can stay just as long as you can demonstrate you can finance yourself.

This speech was from 1968, often misquoted but still true.

I could go on for hours about my own feelings but have better things to do with my time.

Of course you are entitled to question my beliefs over the misuse and abuse of the welfare state as a reason for leaving the UK back in 1988, conversely please allow me the privilege of stating my case before jumping to conclusions.

Munchmaster, I know that we cannot get along, it's part of life which I accept, but please show a little respect and stop questioning every comment I make, I have shown restraint over the past year or so and have not got into a pissing contest with you, could you please also act your age and maturity and show a little respect?

Redbaron made an interesting point the other day, he said that it would be interesting if certain BM's were to meet without knowing their board personna they would probably get along fine, probably true.

As much as we may argue / disagree I still respect you as a human being, yes you can be an obnoxious cunt at times but then again so can I, hey I know I am not perfect.

The offer of a Dum Soda and meeting me face to face is still open, I don't expect you to take me up on the offer but then that gives me the upper hand, who is the one hiding behind a keyboard?

• 1 month later...

Archived