In Defence Of Chicken Rice ....

gobbledonk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good attitude in life :up: and one that seems to be less common now thanks to the all-encompassing welfare state ... :grinyes:

Dexi, i hate the welfare state.

My sister and myself do not see eye to eye over her daughter / my niece, she works in public service as a school teacher and has 4 kids.

I am like, why the hell should I work in the UK pay 50% tax and pay for child benefit to support your baby dropping daughter who takes more time off work as maternity leave than the actual hours she works. Do I have "DICKHEAD" tattooed across my forehead? NO so don't ask me to be one.

But she is your niece, no she is a leper off the state hence the reason people like her are why I decided to leave the UK when I did 25 years ago now. My sister calls me a selfish cunt, I call myself a realist who is self supportive and has no reason to finance other peoples kids or immigrants claiming the dole and abusing the NHS.

But she is your niece, no she is a leper off the state hence the reason people like her are why I decided to leave the UK when I did 25 years ago now.

I don't know much about the welfare state as I've never used it and don't know anyone who has but I doubt it was the same 25 years ago as it is today and I also doubt very much that you left the UK because of the welfare state.

ttm, I'd eat that over 90% of the 'mixed grill' food on offer in Australian food courts, and I guarantee that it cost a whole lot less. Cant believe the clowns I see on various fora complaining that 'nothing beats a good Farang fry up !'. I do a mean bacon-and-eggs with Turkish bread, but there is no way that compares to the variety on offer in Asia. Really looking forward to getting back to Malaysia, even if I'm not up to the really spicy stuff.

ttm, I'd eat that over 90% of the 'mixed grill' food on offer in Australian food courts, and I guarantee that it cost a whole lot less. Cant believe the clowns I see on various fora complaining that 'nothing beats a good Farang fry up !'. I do a mean bacon-and-eggs with Turkish bread, but there is no way that compares to the variety on offer in Asia. Really looking forward to getting back to Malaysia, even if I'm not up to the really spicy stuff.

Dunno, Asian food is all I eat. Day in, day out. With occasional McDonalds when they have promotions of Mexican Salsa burgers, as they have now.

Pad Thai (means: things fried Thai way) is not a regular fare in Thai. For Isaan people, what we think we know from Thai restaurants is pretty much what they desire. Worse, hardly ever seen or eaten that.

What they eat upcountry, you may be unable to look at, let alone eat it. Chicken feet, guts, fat. Terrible.

Archived