Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Yo Steve brother :beer:

I'd take a top half finish for Villa it'd be a massive improvement from last season. More experience for the youngsters and something to build on for the seasons ahead.

Still wondering wtf happened with Higuain.. I deemed him an Arsenal player weeks ago until he signed for Napoli. :dunno:

Zaad

I was unaware of Narsingh injury problem, having spent the majority of 2013 back in the UK I did not see much Eredivise and lost touch, Ironic I cn watch more Dutch football in Thailand than the UK.

Steve, your ABU stance always amuses me, hey we are each entitled to our opinions so I respect yours. Not taking the piss because you are American but why your ABU stance, if you were from Liverpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle, Emptyhead Stadium or North London I could Understand it but for an American to be ABU just seems unreal.

Gambling on football is illegal in Thailand so I have not placed a bet ;) but I have villa getting a draw at chelsea and Fenerbach beating Arsenal.

No doubt I will be wrong, my bets never pay off.

Mekong,

I too would like to see Rooney replaced by Ronaldo. Multiple transfer requests just ain't a healthy thing.

Another wild dream would be to welcome Sneijder or Kaka :) both not in great form but I'm sure they'd feel at home instantly. Eriksen would be a more sensible choice tho given his age.

Zaad,

I would like to see Rooney replaced by anyone, he pushed it once 3 years ago but this time I think he is out on his own, he is not liked at the club anymore not just the fns but so his team mates (well not so much mates now) just don't sell him to a BPL team.

One of the advantages of spending early part of 2013 in UK was I got to see a lot of the United Reserves, Adnan Jurazaj needs tying up on a contract before he does a Podgba, and Jesse Lindgard is a local kid who is United through and through.

Even without any new signings United still have one hell of a squad, 2 players for every position and that young Wilfred Zaha is not to bad is he.

I am confident for the premier league but in Europe it has to be Bayern, it I was incorrect about Bayern I would eat my hat, not that I wear a hat but I would go out and buy one it I was wrong.

Yes, Bayern are the team to beat in Europe with Barcelona a close second. Don't write off Dortmund although they sold Gotze they managed to hold on to Lewandowski and signed some fine players. Still need convincing re the French big money-spenders PSG and Monaco... Fenerbahce - Arsenal in a few minutes. I bet Munchmaster, Steve and Limbo are pissing their panties :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

I didn't see the Arsenal game chose to watch the Chelsea v Villa match instead but it seems like Wenger has got them playing when it matters.

Villa were unlucky, Chelsea's second goal was a mile (well half a yard) offside good free kick from Lampard but Ivanovic was well offside as the ball was played in. How Ivanovic stayed on the pitch after his challenge on Benteke is beyond me.

87 Minute and a blatant John Terry hand ball in the box, if that guy was to wear a green shirt with number one on the back nobody would be able to tell the difference but again the ref bottled it. I am looking forward to next Monday now, Chelsea have to visit Old Trafford, if they perform anything like last night United will rip them apart.

I like Moyes. Which is tough because I hate Man Utd. Mekong, I hate Tottenham more. Given a devils bargain choice of only those two winning the title, Man Utd without question. I've grown to hate Chelsea as well who are just a wee bit behind Tottenham and Man Utd in my enmity. As for Man Utd. First of all, through no fault of their own I would never have chosen them as my team. I like the underdog and Man Utd and Liverpool (as well as Crystal Palace from a Benny Hill joke) that I've ever heard of. I was >>this close<< to chosing Palace because I visited there in my uni years. Arsenal chose me as they say, your club chooses you. I knew nothing about them, saw them on TV in Tokyo as well as Pattaya, liked the name, knew nothing about them. Saw them lose a game but fought, Adams was the one pushing them to score and I chose them based on that. I was actually a little disappointed they were as big as they were when I found out. As I said, I like the underdogs and would have been perfectly happy if they were the same size as Palace in terms of fame. Anyway, the press has its head in Man Utds lap. That pisses me off. Ferguson pissed me off as well. Also, when Rooney dived to end our unbeaten run and it was a dive no question. The press said nothing. The best one paper said was a 'questionable' penalty. The long years of no penalty given at OT. The refs, other managers, the league coddles them. I didn't hate Tottenham as much and heard there fans were awful. It got personal with me and Tottenham from a fan that was in LA on holiday. We had a league cup semi against them. I went to the pub to watch it. Tourists often stayed at the hostel around the corner. Only myself and some African guy were wearing shirts and supporting Arsenal. There were several Tottenham guys there, most local expats I've seen from time to time. This one guy, was a loud prick. When our player finally scored, I punched the air. Reaction, no words, just like any normal fan and this guy starts In on me. Says something about me and Sol being gay. I said 'we just f*cked you out of a cup though so who is the gay?' he says its over the line. I tell him he made a comment first and to sit his ass down. He gets up. Thinking since he has a lot of scum fans there that he can do whatever. I am actually laughing. I told him "dude, this is LA, your biggest worry isn't wining the fight, your biggest worry is who I come back here with. Trust me on this. We do things differently here. This is NOT London.' I knew a few gangbanger types. I know where the hostel is. Connect the dots. The bartender goes over to him and whispers to him. The bartender, an Irish, guy knows me. The guy looks over and sits down quietly. lol...not a peep again. The bartender told him pretty much what the culture is in America. My main worry? Was that the guys I knew wouldn't go too far and kill someone. Really. Since then I've hated Tottenham more than Man Utd and before they were 2nd.