Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Rooney dived. Its not a joke. No question whatsoever watching it on replay or even live. Pires' so called dive was far less clear cut but I'll concede it for a point. it happened at home, in the 28th minute. Anything can happen in football. We were down 1-0 at the time but if anyone can tell me that the Arsenal squad at that time was going to be held at home by Pompey from an early goal for the rest of the match is smoking crack. The bigger issue is this. All clubs have incidents of diving. The press do not report it. Man Utd players dive its rarely ever a subject for analysis in the press. Arsenal gets castigated. Pires, Eduardo. Rightfully pointed out in the press. A bit over the top but okay, as long diving is castigated in all instances. No one more than I would love to see simulation stamped out. However, with us, its droned on and on. Man Utd does it, no word. Not a peep because the British press have gladly lubed their own asses for Man Utd to stick it up there. Its the way it is. Man Utd gets a pass. The referees are the same. We lost a title because Ferguson told the press that referees let Arsenal get their way and in '03 before the game, Ferguson tells the press the same and calls Allardyce on the phone prior to the game (he did the same with former Arsenal but now turncoat O'Leary when he was at Leeds in '99), that is a fact. Fat ass Sam Allardyce's Bolton team kicked the living shit out of us. 2 or 3 players had to leave the game and they didn't get their first booking till the 85th minute. Wenger isn't liked (and its partially his own doing) and its okay to f*ck over a Wenger managed Arsenal team. Its just how it is. The Rooney dive wasn't barely mentioned, if at all. The kicking of Reyes was never acknowledged in the press. I wasn't around back in the '70s and '80s but I will say this. Arsenal are the only club I've ever witnessed not to be awed by the Old Trafford mystique. NO CLUB would dare go to Old Trafford and do what we did to RVN and the players on the pitch. It was wrong and we were rightly punished for it. But I loved that squad. They feared no one in England. Anyway, we're our own worse enemies these days.

A good read about UEFA's seeding system. There's IMO so many flaws I dunno where to start.

I really do miss the old system, I just think teams who finish 4th (or 2nd or 3rd for that matter) in their domestic league having a chance to become European Champions is such a farce. Moronic. Come back EC I, II and Uefa Cup, I MISS YOU!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23680545

• Like 1

The bigger issue is this. All clubs have incidents of diving. The press do not report it. Man Utd players dive its rarely ever a subject for analysis in the press. Arsenal gets castigated. Pires, Eduardo. Rightfully pointed out in the press. A bit over the top but okay, as long diving is castigated in all instances. No one more than I would love to see simulation stamped out. However, with us, its droned on and on. Man Utd does it, no word. Not a peep because the British press have gladly lubed their own asses for Man Utd to stick it up there. Its the way it is. Man Utd gets a pass.

I love you Steve but I couldn't disagree more.

See it this way.. fuck the press and shift your anger towards the manager for not insisting and correcting such disgraceful behavior.

The referees are the same. We lost a title because Ferguson told the press that referees let Arsenal get their way and in '03 before the game, Ferguson tells the press the same and calls Allardyce on the phone prior to the game (he did the same with former Arsenal but now turncoat O'Leary when he was at Leeds in '99), that is a fact. Fat ass Sam Allardyce's Bolton team kicked the living shit out of us. 2 or 3 players had to leave the game and they didn't get their first booking till the 85th minute.

Bolton are known to play a more physical game since that's their strength. They are no match to outclass a top side so they try to push the boundaries within limits. If you disagree blame it on bad refereeing. You can't be serious blaming Ferguson for your loss to Bolton. Come on, Steve.

NO CLUB would dare go to Old Trafford and do what we did to RVN and the players on the pitch. It was wrong and we were rightly punished for it. But I loved that squad. They feared no one in England. Anyway, we're our own worse enemies these days.

I too miss the likes of Adams and Keown.

http://soccerlens.co...ed-clubs/50035/

The football debt league – top 10 most indebted clubs

1. ManchesterUnited..........£716m

2. Chelsea............................£701m

3. Valencia...........................£501m

4. Liverpool.........................£351m

5. Real Madrid.....................£296m

6. FC Barcelona..................£273m

7. AS Roma..........................£271m

8. Schalke 04......................£234m

9. Arsenal...........................£203m

10. Fulham..........................£198m

Moronic!

Don't get me wrong.. clubs can and should invest like any other business, new stadium perhaps or improve training facilities for example. But in DUMMIE language if I owe Limbo 1.000 Baht I'm obviously not going to stop eating until I get him back his cash + interest (TX for the friendly rate :) but I'm also not going to dine in a yacht followed by a soapie for desert (altho it sounds irresistble damn!!)

Refering to Madrid of course and the ongoing Bale drama.

They could learn from the Dutch.

http://fullcontactla...ation-football/

• Like 1