Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Arsenal top of the PL :soccer::cheerleader:

Maybe only until Monday night, unless of course Liverpool lose at Swansea, but it feels good. :applause:

Interesting that Villa who beat Arsenal on opening day have lost their next three matches whereas Arsenal have won theirs. :grinyes:

Arsenal were a bit fortunate with the refs decision, when it looked like Sunderland had equalized, but only poor finishing by Walcott prevented us being 3 up at half time. Fortunately while Walcott is misfiring Ramsey has found his shooting boots.

Ozil looking good in only his first game.

• Like 1

What is a "Goal Scoring Opportunity" as in when a player gets a Red Card?

United v Palace Debatable penalty and defender shown a Red.

Sunderland v Arsenal Altidore put the ball in the net, he farking scored, yet the Arsenal player only gets shown a yellow, was that not a clear goalscoring opportunity? Like he scored a goal.

I am not saying Sagna should have seen red, Atkinson should have allowed play to go on and I don't think that the Palace defender deserved to be shown red, after all it was only Ashley Young on a one on one with the keeper he would have ballooned over the bar anyway.

Decent performance from Moyes boys last night, there best performance under Moyes and I will go as far to say their best performance for a couple of years now, apart from a couple of defensive lapses and missing a couple of sitters.

Fellani looks as if he was born to wear the shirt, he is what United have been missing for a few season now a bit of defensive steel in the midfield, not pretty to watch at times but effective a good old fashioned spoiler, which in turn allows Rooney to concentrate on the attacking side of his game rather than having to track back and help out in midfield, United seemed more balanced.

First goal should never have stood, Valencia was all over the BL keeper in an offside position, if that is not interfering with play I don't know what is, the second was Valencia of old taking on defenders beating them and whipping in a decent cross, at first I thought he has screwed up playing the ball behind RvP but RvP pulled out a top drawer finish that took the BL keeper by surprise, it took me by surprise.

But for me the fourth goal was typical United of old, defending deep then a classic counter attack three passes and in the back of the net, RvP won the ball on the edge of his own area plays it wide to Young, good pass to Rooney who then plays a perfectly weighted pass in front of Valencia one touch then rifles in from outside the box, that was worth this months True Vision fees alone, but the wife was pissed of cos my shouting woke her up haha.

United still have Adnan Januzaj to unleash, the reason he was not on the bench last night is because he was not named in the European squad of 25 but in October he will be eligible as a "Pool B" player for Europe since he will have been at the club for 30 months and then classed as "Home Grown", in the Premier League the rule is only 24 months and the number 7 shirt is still vacant.

Not getting too carried away but an impressive performance non the less, the big one is on Sunday at the Emptyhead Stadium against our noisy neighbours, Fellani v Yaya Tourre should be some match up and if both players are still on the pitch at full time I will be surprised.

Good Luck to Arsenal tonight, yes I do get behind then when playing in Europe and I hope that Chelsea screw up big time, detest that club.

Good job Arsenal. 10 consecutive away wins all competitions I think, not sure. Ramsey is on fire. Just want to keep it going. An away win in what has to be the group of death in the CL is worth more than the usual 3 points. Any away point will be good in this group. This gives us some room.

Basle in a shocker. Glad Chelsea lost obviously. Mourinho working with anothers players and in time he will have them playing consistently in his system.

Didn't see the Arsenal game last night decided to watch the Barcelona v Ajax match instead yet another Lionel Messi show.

As for Chelsea what can I say (once I stop laughing) they got what they deserved, the fans hounded Rafa out, the same Rafa who's Napoli sit at the top of Serie A and had a win against last seasons losing finalists. Imagine if Rafa had lost away to Everton then home to Basel in back to back games the fans would have been baying for his blood but Mourinho can do no wrong in their blinkered opinion.

Steve, you mention Mourinho's system, what is it? he inherited a squad full of gifted midfield players, Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc then goes and buys three more, Willian, Schurrie and van Ginkel. Chelsea's best forward last season was playing for West Brom on loan, Lakuka and this season he loans him out to Everton and brings in a 32 year old Eto on a free transfer.

The Not so Special one any more.

Good job Arsenal. 10 consecutive away wins all competitions I think, not sure.

You are indeed correct. Also six wins in a row and 14 goals scored since losing against Villa on the PL opening day. :grinyes:

However I'm not getting carried away, just enjoying it while it lasts and of course hoping it lasts for a long time.

• Like 1