Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Cheers Mekong Utd did spoil my day they scored.,City were just to good for Utd today.It's only 3 points at the end of the day.But its only ways nice to beat Utd.

well played City,best team in all departments and they should have scored a few more really.

the 2nd goal just on H/T was the killer.

Utd too pedestrian all game and still lack that cutting edge once they get near the goal.

took 66 mins for Joe Hart to make a save...... :shakehead

why oh why was Young on the pitch for so long?,we needed goals and should have had the likes of Hernandez and Kagawa on the pitch.

but once again,hats off to City,but as you say,too early to get excited about the League.

will be interesting to see how Moyes feels about the game against Liverpool mid-week?.

will he play the reserves or will he go for it in a big way?.

City were impressive. Team to beat imo.

Main difference this season is going to be Aguero and Yaya. Man U without v. Persie and a creative midfielder they should've brought in last transfer window I think it's gonna cost them. Fabregas or Ozil or someone of that calibre is what United needed and I think Moyes is going to be reminded of that for the coming months.

Arsenal doing better than I expected. Kuddos to them and Liverpool starting to show signs of inconsistency as usual.

Villa doing ok getting an away win and 3 welcome points. Bummer Benteke being out for a month up.

You're right Limbo. Eventho it's just the League Cup no one likes losing big. Still it'd be a nice cup for Villa and sure I'd like us to win something but imo priority this season should be getting some decent results in the league and play on a more consistent level and get a top-10 spot come end of season. I'd be delighted with that. The home loss to Newcastle shows we've got a long way to go tho.

went to the England Women v Turkey women game tonight,a WC qualifier.

played at Fratton Park (ground of the once mighty Portsmouth F.C.) and very entertaining it was.

i follow the English Women's football more then the overpaid prima-donnas who masquerade as macho males.

the Turks are a lot lower in the rankings then the English and it was evident,but you still have to beat whoever is put in front of you and the game was effectively over as England raced to a 2-0 lead in the first 3 Minutes or so.

i really enjoyed the game and a lot of passion and skill shown throughout the match,but also in a very sporting manner.

no cynical fouls,no players rolling around in feigned agony and every little foul was followed by an apology and a handshake and best of all no cards shown.

i was a regular at the ground in the late 70's/early 80's and much changed.

i really missed the moat around the pitch which frequently had players falling into it which always resulted in loud cheers in the old days.

the Turks were completely outclassed but did manage to hit the bar with a fantastic strike from distance and their goalie(who was tiny)pulled off a fantastic save towards the end.

game finally ended 8-0 to England(it should have been double figures)and their was a nice touch at the end when the England centre-forward consoled the Turkish goalie who was in tears at conceding so many goals.

but to be fair most of the goals were too good for her to have any chance with,she was not helped by the awful defending in front of her.

a crowd of 6,293 which was very impressive and it was so good to see so many children(mainly girls)at the game making a hell of a noise.

in my part of the UK there is a long history of young girls playing the game and such a thrill for them to see their heroines in the flesh.

the only bad point were the bloody official English band making such a racket with their trumpets and drums which at times was way over the top.

and some of the crowd around me making stupid stereo-typical remarks about the Turks.

nothing nasty or offensive,just stupid comments that went on all game and soon became boring.

and of course it was the adults who were making the comments and thinking they were being original and funny.

but good the game was a 7pm K.O. which allowed the kids to get home early before school in the morning and free entry for under 16's.

an enjoyable evening watching the sport being played the way it should be.

• Like 1