Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Bad day for City, Huh try being a United fan, after you lot stuffed us last weekend we rolled over to WBA at home.

I was prepared to give Moyes time but it really does appear that he does not know what he is doing or what his best line up is and is starting players / making substitutions to appease the fan base rather than for tactical reasons, he is out of his depth.

As much as I would like to see Chelsea lose every game I did feel that the Red for Torres was a little harsh it was 50/50 and could have been awarded either way, unfortunately Jose has now realised that Mata serves the team better on the pitch rather than collecting splinters in his bum.

I still stand by my pre season prediction that in may be Spurs this year, AVB has a very strong squad and they will be there or there about come the end of the Season, as for my team finishing fourth is the best trophy they can achieve.

A great weekend for Arsenal so far with the Manc clubs both losing (still hard to believe :eek: ) and Chelsea and Spurs drawing! Just need a resurgent Sunderland to take something off Liverpool. Arsenal are indeed looking good and scoring freely however we are also conceding too many as well. Long may Arsenal stay top of the pile but only if we're still there much later in the season will I harbor any thoughts of actually winning the league.

In the Daily Telegraph, Match of the Day analyst Alan Hansen talks about the difficult start to the David Moyes era at Manchester United and writes: "It is too early to say we are now witnessing the end of the empire at Old Trafford, but alarm bells are ringing and there are clear similarities between the United of 2013 and the last Liverpool team to win the title back in 1990. "The Ferguson factor really cannot be overestimated, on and off the pitch. It was a massive element of United's success, particularly in recent seasons."

Fellow MOTD expert Alan Shearer agrees and writes in The Sun: "The Fergie factor has left Old Trafford and the fear factor has gone with it. You look at United's midfield and you wonder where all the great players have gone, the leaders."

People are not quite sure if Arsenal are for real or just enjoying a good run. The schedule in the league has been kind. Sperz being the toughest match. The rest were very winnable. The October schedule is kind as well. We won't know till December when we play last seasons top 3 teams. However, if Marseille away and Napoli at home is any indication, it doesn't seem a fluke. Its a wide open EPL. I could conceivably see Tottenham finish top 3. And even Arsenal top 3 and crazy as it sounds Man Utd in 4th or 5th. Chelsea to me seems destined for 1st or 2nd. Man City top 3. Man Utd Arsenal and Tottenham anywhere from top 3 to 5th. Its a crazy season.

• Like 1

We're playing well and winning while still having a few major players injured so long may it continue. I don't think it's a fluke though, I think it's a combination of settled team (no major departures in the summer) and the return of Flamini, the form of Ramsey and of course the contribution of Ozil.

• 3 weeks later...

Harry Redknapp was involved in an astonishing touchline row after being hit in the face by a ball thrown from the crowd at the New Den in yesterday's match (Millwall Vs QPR).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sg5m7nY4U

Looks like it wasn't the first time either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgTCbz-XmU

'No wonder he's in the fucking reserves' :p

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal have definitely been the most consistent performers out there. An Arsenal in form is a headache to any opponent no doubt but they've been lacking that killer instinct in recent years. A champion grinds out results regardless so I'm curious to see how this team copes with, what will eventually come across any team, a poorer run of form.

Wenger proved his critics wrong but I still do feel he needs to bring in an extra striker in January.