Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

LOL...Aresnal beat Tottenham and Liverpool on the way to the cup final. I wouldn't call it an easy route. I didn't hear Man Utd complaining about beating Millwall a few years ago in a cup final.

Man Utds can sure be arrogant. But to be fair it comes with extremely successfu sides. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich fans are the same. Things go in cycles. Man Utd will not always be successful. They readily forget 1968-1993. No club is immune from drought years. To think you are too big for drought years you are either naive or Celtic (if you get the joke).

There is no guarantee van Gaa wil turn things around. The EPL will be the most contested league from now on. Arsenal may not see a title soon but the same can be said about Man Utd. There are two clubs with far more money to spend than they do (Chelsea and City) and Arsenal can compete financially with Man Utd now, first time ever in the EPL. As great as he is, I don't think even Ferguson could manage more than a title...maybe...in this new environment. He never beat Mourinho to a title (Mourinho left mid season Man Utd won it) and Man Utd enjoyed mediocre managers at City when they got their oil money as well as an Arsenal side that had to pay off a stadium. Liverpool are back and Everton aren't title quality yet but are a couple players from pushing very hard for a top 4 finish.

Arsenal has its issues, but the fact is we finished 7 points from top and when we get a top striker and buy some quality players at positions, we will be very, very tough to beat, Lifting a trophy is a huge psychological boost. It can transform a side. It transformed Man Utd in '90. In Mourinho's first year they won the league cup and it gave them belief for the rest of the spring. When Man Utd went 3 years without a tite in 2004, 2005 and 2006 they used the league cup to get back the feeling of lifting a trophy again and go for the league.

So, I wouldn't necessarily count Arsenal out as a one off. You can see how much it was to them and it has whet apetites for more.

Man Utd will be hard pressed to make the CL next season. Chelsea and CIty are in the top 3, I doubt many would doub that. After that you have us, Man utd, Liverpool. What if Man utd go 2 years no CL, no title or trophy? Very possible.

Zaad,

I do think Villa will qualify for Europe this season more on their league position than winning trophies, I can see them 5-7 position, Liverpool are not even the best side on Merseyside now and I believe North London now belongs at White Hart Lane rather then the Emirates.

Top four will be between Chelsea. City, Spurs and United, the next positions will be Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool and Villa,

As for United, I am not a glory hunter, I was born and bred within spitting distance of Old Trafford, I was too young to take in the 1968 EUFA Cup win and endured years of torment watching Liverpool run rings around us, I suffered for 20 years until we started winning things, but I must admit that the glory hunters wind me up

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Pause, breathe ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Haven't read this thread at all this season so decided to read from the start. What a gem unearthed so early on.

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal for Southampton and England striker Rickie Lambert for a fee of around £4m plus add-ons.

The Reds are hopeful Lambert will be able to complete a medical on Saturday before flying out to Miami with the England squad on Sunday.

The Liverpool-born forward is intent on leaving St Mary's this summer.

Southampton rejected a similar bid from West Ham in January but are set to cash in on the 32-year-old.

Reports are Arsenal are very close to a deal for Morata. DiMaria is also being discussed. I know we need a striker and we should but frankly, I'd take DiMaria over Morata and Benzema if given a choice of RM players. We can get Remy or a host of other very capable strikers. DiMaria and Walcott wide with the plethora of qaulity in the middlle of the pitch and a couple capable strikers is very, very scary.

• 2 weeks later...