Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Limbo

If EUFA fair play rules were to be implemented believe it or not United would come out winners, whilst will not deny the debt exists the debt is in the name of the owners and not the club itself, and it is actually USD 371 Million and falling, they took out a loan on their assets and appear to be succeeding. Contrary to popular belief United as a club are not in debt where as the club owners the Glaziers are using the assets to finance other investments.

On paper (do we still use that) there are only two teams in the Premier League who could touch United's financial model, Ironically your Team Arsenal and Zaad's team Villa. I think that Wenger has done an excellent job at Arsenal, moving them from Highbury to the Emirates whilst still keeping the team competitive and Learner at Villa has been very shrewd in his investments and is now allowing Lambert to do his job.

I know this may sound strange coming from a United fan, but as I have always said I am a Football fan who supports my local club, just so happens to be United, but I do respect other clubs and how they perform both on and off the field. I enjoy watching Arsenal play when they hit top gear and Villa have always been my second team, they bring youth through, many people say West Ham is the Second team but for me it's always been Villa.

• Like 2

The Football season starts in just over one hours time with the draw, some of us big teams are used to it whereby recent newcomers such as citeh great it with apprehension, Sorry 163 I could not resist that little dig hehe.

There is no such thing as a "Group of Death" if you are going to win ole big ears then you have to beat any team put in front of you.

My Money, well the 50 Baht my wife allows me to gamble, is on Bayern to become the first team to retain the trophy, lets see what the drew brings up.

Bayern don't look as dominant as last season (yet).. but the serious games don't start until next year so quite a few teams with new players/managers have plenty of time to gel. I think Neymar will do well at Barca scoring goals and taking some of the pressure (not that it seems to bother him tho) and attention (think space) off of Messi. My money.. as Mekong all the 50 Baht my wife allows me to.. is on Barca. Hope Moyes' men prove me wrong tho :)

Zaad,

As much as my heart would love United to win it again, my head tells me that United would be very lucky to get past the last 8 so I wont be wasting my 50 Baht on them.

I admit that there are stronger teams / squads in Europe than United, in fact I would now say that Spurs have a stronger squad in the Premier League now with the signing of Eriksen alongside Lamela and Chiriches, at least I am a realist.

Mrs M has now allowed me to double up my bet and also have 50 Baht on Spurs as well an accumulator bet all or nothing, so it my predictions come true and it is a Spurs / Bayern double I will be available for palm reading and fortune telling sessions on Silom from next June.

Now that the transfer window is about to slam shut, would not that break the glass?, and United are once again being linked with three midfielders.

Ander Herrara from Bilbao, he is not worth the

£25.5m Bilbao are asking for him

Daniele De Rossi from Roma, even at 30 years old he could walk into any team in the world, I would love it if United signed him

Marouane Fellaini from Everton, the most probable of signings following his old boss.

Midfield has been United's weakness for years, in Da Gea we have probably one of the top 5 Keepers in Europe and he will only get better, the back four most teams in the world would kill for given the options, Da Silva Twins, Rio, Vidic, Jones, Evens, Smalling, Evra plus young Mike Keane who may make his breakthrough this season.

Up top RvP, Rooney, Hernandez, the emerging Lingard Wiil Keane and heaven forbid Danny Wellbeck.

But midfield is United's weak point, they cannot rely on Carrick week in Week out and Cleverley is no Keano or Robson (or even a Ray Wilkins) OK there is Adnan Janjuzaj, Wilfred Zaha but nobody who can really dictate the game from the centre of the park which is what is required especially in Europe.

I cannot wait for the day when Moyes has the Da'Silva Twins and the Keane Twins on the pitch at the same time, two sets of twins for the same team never heard of before, he has to do it just to make me happy.

Marouane Fellaini, OK maybe my age and background but whenever I see him this cartoon from my youth always springs to mind.

Zaad,

As much as my heart would love United to win it again, my head tells me that United would be very lucky to get past the last 8 so I wont be wasting my 50 Baht on them.

I admit that there are stronger teams / squads in Europe than United, in fact I would now say that Spurs have a stronger squad in the Premier League now with the signing of Eriksen alongside Lamela and Chiriches, at least I am a realist.

Mrs M has now allowed me to double up my bet and also have 50 Baht on Spurs as well an accumulator bet all or nothing, so it my predictions come true and it is a Spurs / Bayern double I will be available for palm reading and fortune telling sessions on Silom from next June.

It might take a while before all these new players gel at Spurs

Bayern don't look as dominant as last season (yet).. but the serious games don't start until next year so quite a few teams with new players/managers have plenty of time to gel. I think Neymar will do well at Barca scoring goals and taking some of the pressure (not that it seems to bother him tho) and attention (think space) off of Messi. My money.. as Mekong all the 50 Baht my wife allows me to.. is on Barca. Hope Moyes' men prove me wrong tho :)

as you say it's early days but there is strong rumours coming out of Barca that Messi does'nt like/get on with Neymar.

seen all their games so far and Neymar not getting much game-time at the moment and when he does seems a little out of his depth,but will take time to integrate in a new country and players as it does many players in his situation.

but the pressure on him will be immense because of who he is,how much he cost and the expectations on him.

saw Barca the other night and Messi was kicked to fuck and still Neymar was kept on the bench.. :hmmm:

but time will tell.

Utd should have beaten Chelsea if you just looked at the teams on the night,but both teams were a little lacking upfront and both defences did'nt really have much to contend with,Mourinho will have been happier with a draw.

Liverpool tomorrow and hopefully a more entertaining game and a lot more fiesty,don't really know how it will pan out.

happy with Utd's draw in the CL.

i admit the German and Spanish teams are a little unknown to me but i know they will be tough games.

always dread games in Eastern Europe because the weather conditions can really be a factor,but we play in the Ukraine early on so hopefully will be quite good with decent conditions.

confident we will progress from the group.

but in no way do i believe we will win the CL.

The Arse seem to have the hardest group in my eyes and i think their squad could be found out,but who knows?.

btw Steve,forget the past and what happened in the past with all the injustices (or the one's you imagine) against your team.

it's gone,done and dusted and nothing can be changed.

just look to the future and look to how your team are maybe falling a little behind others and how they will deal with it... :hubbahubba:

Citeh yet again failed to impress today against Hull who were holding their own for the first 65 minutes.

Ben Arfa's goal against Fulham was quiet special but outdone by O'Keefes strike for Palace.

Hopefully tomorrow's football will be a bit better, I bet SKY are already calling it Super Sunday, United visit Anfield, always a special game to me followed by the North London Derby, I would not be surprised to see Spurs top of the League tomorrow evening.