Serviced Apartment Or Hotel With Decent Wifi Near Bts Wanted For A Week

torrenova

Looking to drop by in December and would really like a decent apartment to rent. Hotels are ok but the kitchenette is a real bonus and would be part of the deal. A decent pool would be fine too.

Near or on Sukhumvit but I do like the Emporium Suites and the ease of BTS access. Not sure where else to consider really as I'm not up to speed with new places nor how the regular ones are being kept.

I'd suggest the Rembrandt Serviced Apartments as one possibility: they have the fastest Internet I've seen as far as the Internet service one gets from a hotel. Their rooms / suites include kitchenettes and you can easily walk to Soi Cowboy / the BTS/SkyTrain at Asoke. They recently refurbished their rooms. They also have a pool and small Gym that thankfully almost no one uses :-)

I'd suggest the Rembrandt Serviced Apartments as one possibility: they have the fastest Internet I've seen as far as the Internet service one gets from a hotel. Their rooms / suites include kitchenettes and you can easily walk to Soi Cowboy / the BTS/SkyTrain at Asoke. They recently refurbished their rooms. They also have a pool and small Gym that thankfully almost no one uses :-)

Seems very dated, as if great when built but then not refurbished. Only commenting on internet searches, pictures etc. Is this true in reality ?

I stayed there in June 2001. It was as earlier poster said but if unrefurbished since then it would not be worth looking at now.

Back then, if Novotel was *** than the Rembrandt Suites were **. No balconies, windows do not open, which is not a rarity.

Just found pictures (identifiable, can't post them) it was ok for 4 days. Kitchennette had a bar style area, stove with a hood, full size fridge, dining table, sofa and armchair. Bedroom was bed, wardrobe and "komoda".

Rembrandt Suites , looked up their site. Yes, I had this 1 BR suite, looks newer in their pics than in mine. Exactly the same layout and furniture. If the pictures are recent, then it is fine.

Arcadia Suites http://www.arcadiasuites.com

Only been open a few months expensive for a one night stay but more realistic when you get 4 nights for the price of 3 deal.

10 Mbps Internet and courtesy tuk tuk to Sukhumvit / BTS station. I stayed there for just over a week at the begining of June and can highly recommend the place.

Seems very similar to the Aspen Suites way down Soi 2 Suk. Same overall Compass Hospitality umbrella.

Deals around 15/20k a week are good value but the location is a drag. As with the Aspen, you'll be either walking or toying with the "no meter" meter taxis who just really want airport and tourist rip off specials. No worries for single blokes but with the family, I think something down Suk will be better.

Arcadia Suites http://www.arcadiasuites.com

Only been open a few months expensive for a one night stay but more realistic when you get 4 nights for the price of 3 deal.

10 Mbps Internet and courtesy tuk tuk to Sukhumvit / BTS station. I stayed there for just over a week at the begining of June and can highly recommend the place.

Sorry Mekong, the 4 days for 3 promotion ends August 31.

Have to admit the suites look very comfortable.

Archived