1. 1. How much house work do you do?

• My partner does everything at home
    • My partner does most of the house work but I do some things
    • We split the house work 50/50
    • I do most of the house work
    • I do everything at home
    • I live alone
    • I employ a maid to do everything

As my wife complains when I try to help out, I let her do most of the housework. That may change since she has her first real job in the U.S. (after 5 years). I do most of the driving and all of the communication with the schools for the 2 kids still in school. Last year, having to deal with the step son's antics at school, I would have traded jobs with her in a heartbeat.

Seems like the 72 percent of people who voted in the poll do less housework than their partners, including 31 percent who do none at all. Me too.

I was pleased to see than men who relocated their wives to their home country also enjoy a better deal in this regard than they could expect with a western woman.

To the guys who splits the housework 50/50 with their wives, I would suggest that men who are paying most of the bills or helping with the kids problems are doing enough.

And to the guy who has a maid to do everything, lucky you!

actually we had 2 lao maids, but after the songkran break they never returned (found a more lucrative work place) so now the wife became the maid or the occasional walk in maid helping out now & again~ good maid(s) does seem to help the domestic bliss especially with the kids too :)

obviously if the wife wanted to restart her career or make some contributing biz the house work balance might be adjusted...meanwhile only the token help is offered

• 10 months later...