Former Supermodel Yui On Streets

Flashermac

Former Thai supermodel Rojjana "Yui" Phetkanha has been admitted for psychiatric treatment after being found wandering on Phetkasem Road in a disoriented state.

Pol Lt Col Jumphol Kanchanasathien, an inspector with Phasi Charoen police station, said officers were alerted to a woman annoying people in front of a coffee shop at a gasoline station in Phetkasem Soi 52 on Thursday night. They questioned her before releasing her, according to a report in Daily News.

post-98-0-29879200-1377961329_thumb.jpg

On Friday morning, police received another report about the same woman in front of Phetkasem 42, dragging along a large bag containing old clothes and some food.

Officers later confirmed the woman's identity as the Isan girl who won the Supermodel of Thailand 1994 competition when she was 18 years old.

Yui went on to work as a professional model in Milan, Paris and New York and became a cover girl for Vogue Asia and a presenter of Allure perfume by Chanel.

She worked in the fashion business for eight years before cocaine and alcohol problems cut short her career. She returned to Thailand and got small jobs but continued to battle alcohol addiction. She received treatment but still suffered from delusions.

At one point Yui attempted to make a fresh start locally, gracing the cover of Touch magazine, whose editors found her story of struggle and redemption inspirational.

Before the police found her on the street, Ms Rojjana had been staying with her mother and stepfather but they had an argument so she had left to stay with her brother in Bangkok.

Ms Rojjana, now 37, has been admitted to Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry in Klong San district of Bangkok.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/367353/former-supermodel-yui-receiving-treatment

She worked in the fashion business for eight years before cocaine and alcohol problems cut short her career. She returned to Thailand and got small jobs but continued to battle alcohol addiction. She received treatment but still suffered from delusions.

Sad but true, the number of lives I have seen wasted due to addiction, as a recovering alcoholic myself who nearly threw it all away I know how easy it is to get sucked in and how difficult it is to break the cycle.

Alcoholism / Mental Health issues are very predominent amongst the Expats in Thailand, I have lost count of the number of people I have known over the years who have "Lost the Plot" then add to that the members of the Pattaya Flying Squad.

Mekong, I had alcohol problems but have been sober for nearly 8 years, without resorting to another crutch such as religion. If I can do it anybody can. Glad to hear you have stopped drinking.

Cheers Mate (P.S. good to see you back)

I am not 100% teetotal far from it, I still enjoy an occasional beer or a glass of wine with dinner but I don't touch spirits anymore and can quite happily go a few days / weeks without drinking. Now a days I control the alcohol and don't allow it to control me.

Due to an ongoing health issue I do have Monthly LFT (Liver Function Test) basically a full blood analysis, and all my figures are now back to within normal range. My physician is OK with me drinking within moderation, I really was Vodka on Cornflakes for breakfast type of guy but those days are behind me.

I also used to consume a lot of narcotics, smoked weed every day, thought nothing about taking Coke, E's or Crystal Meth as recreational drugs etc, but I have been drug free just over two years now. Even now I sometimes come home from the local convenience store with a bottle of Vodka, look at myself in the mirror call myself a fool and pour it down the toilet.

Congrats on being dry for 8 years, I know it takes some doing, as for religion haha not a chance, if you knew my views on religion you would understand why that is a definite NO in my life.

Why do so many models have drug and alcohol problems? Sad.

They are just like the rest of us except they a more newsworthy. The other thing also is most models are exposed to the adult world at an early age and most are not capable of dealing with the enviroment they work in. That and no responsible guardian around. I think Kate Moss was 15 when she hit the scene.

Cheers Mate (P.S. good to see you back)

I am not 100% teetotal far from it, I still enjoy an occasional beer or a glass of wine with dinner but I don't touch spirits anymore and can quite happily go a few days / weeks without drinking. Now a days I control the alcohol and don't allow it to control me.

Due to an ongoing health issue I do have Monthly LFT (Liver Function Test) basically a full blood analysis, and all my figures are now back to within normal range. My physician is OK with me drinking within moderation, I really was Vodka on Cornflakes for breakfast type of guy but those days are behind me.

I also used to consume a lot of narcotics, smoked weed every day, thought nothing about taking Coke, E's or Crystal Meth as recreational drugs etc, but I have been drug free just over two years now. Even now I sometimes come home from the local convenience store with a bottle of Vodka, look at myself in the mirror call myself a fool and pour it down the toilet.

Congrats on being dry for 8 years, I know it takes some doing, as for religion haha not a chance, if you knew my views on religion you would understand why that is a definite NO in my life.

i'm only 9 months off the drink so only a novice but i do go out and about the area and take part in regular meetings which some are quite structured and others very relaxed drop-ins.

we deal with all kinds of addictions and i have a good time and meet some great people who want to stop whatever their addiction is.

i sometimes go to other meetings such as AA and NA as a friend to accompany people who are a little nervous to go alone.

i (and many others) have absolutely no time for some of the things which are central to their way of doing things but others do find it a great help,but definately not for me.

i find there is a strong religious theme to some of the meetings and it's certainly not for me.but i may be wrong,maybe it's just my perception of things.

i go once a week to a place where just recently a local woman (well-to-do,intelligent and pleasant) has been turning up and started to accost people who attend the meeting place and with her religious fervour about how she can 'cure' them by laying her hands on them or baptising them in the nearby sea.

she's on public ground so therefore has every right to be where she is,but while most people treat her as a bit of an oddball,there are others who put off by her.

she's harmless in my view and i actually get on well with her when she is in 'normal' mode but she does go on a bit.

at the moment i have no desire to have any sort of alcoholic drink,i just don't want/need alcohol but am quite happy to go to places where alcohol is available and others are drinking it.

the only thoughts about having a drink are it would be nice to have 1 on my b'day or other special events but will 1 be enough?.

not worth the risk so i don't,but i admire people who can have one everyone now and then with no problems.

sayjaan

Congrats on your nine months well done mate.

I never attended or had any desire to attend AA meetings , not sure about how it is in the UK but in Thailand there is a strong religious bias to the meetings and if I was to spend more than 5 minutes with a Bible Basher it would sure turn me to drink haha.

I am lucky that I have managed to control my intake, more often than not I will stick to soft drinks when in a pub environment but occasionally I will allow myself a couple of beers like tomorrow evening for example Liverpool v Man United down the pub with mates I will have a couple of pints, maybe even allow myself a third if we win.

Been drug free for about 25 months now, no desire to go back down that path, not touched spirits since I left Detox, I don't have alcohol in the house. I admit the desire to go out and get wasted on occasions is still with me, but it is a temptation I will be able to continue to resist. Not only is my health better but my overall lifestyle has also improved.

sayjaan

Congrats on your nine months well done mate.

I never attended or had any desire to attend AA meetings , not sure about how it is in the UK but in Thailand there is a strong religious bias to the meetings and if I was to spend more than 5 minutes with a Bible Basher it would sure turn me to drink haha.

I am lucky that I have managed to control my intake, more often than not I will stick to soft drinks when in a pub environment but occasionally I will allow myself a couple of beers like tomorrow evening for example Liverpool v Man United down the pub with mates I will have a couple of pints, maybe even allow myself a third if we win.

Been drug free for about 25 months now, no desire to go back down that path, not touched spirits since I left Detox, I don't have alcohol in the house. I admit the desire to go out and get wasted on occasions is still with me, but it is a temptation I will be able to continue to resist. Not only is my health better but my overall lifestyle has also improved.

i only go to AA if others want a bit of support and it amuses me how many are held in places where there is a pub within sight of walking out and the amount of people going for a drink afterwards.

i find many of the organisers have a very big 'holier than thou' attitude.

but each to their own i suppose.

i actually have many kinds of alcoholic drinks in the house but am never tempted as they do not belong to me and i would consider it stealing if i was to have any of them.

i'm past that stage of my life nowadays.

but i do have several minatures in my bedroom which were gifts to me from good friends over the years and bring back great memories and i would consider it a betrayal of their friendships if i were to drink them.

after all i never drank them in my drinking days even when i was desperate,so why now?.

i enjoy having a soft drink with friends and there is no pressure from them to join in if they are drinking alcohol.

I remember Yui from the late 90s doing the Channel adverts. It was unusual at the time because she was from Isan (Ubon Ratchathanee) and didn't really have the Chinese Thai looks generally favoured in Thailand.

qX2PiMs.jpg

Apparently she also had a small part in the 1997 film, The Fifth Element.

I was reading an article a few years back where I seem to remember it was mentioned she was on lithium which is a pretty heavy duty medication for bipolar disorder, manic depression etc with unpleasant side effects.

Hope she gets well soon.

http://news.sanook.c...บเป็นคนเร่ร่อน/

http://th.wikipedia..../รจนา_เพชรà¸à¸±à¸“หา

Archived