Former Supermodel Yui On Streets

Flashermac

They are just like the rest of us except they a more newsworthy. The other thing also is most models are exposed to the adult world at an early age and most are not capable of dealing with the enviroment they work in. That and no responsible guardian around. I think Kate Moss was 15 when she hit the scene.

and too much money to spend....and drugs to help keep their weight down......

"I remember Yui from the late 90s doing the Channel adverts. It was unusual at the time because she was from Isan (Ubon Ratchathanee) and didn't really have the Chinese Thai looks generally favoured in Thailand."

Well, I'd thought they'd given up from checking mental illnesses out of the Isaan production, but if the area could produce more girls with those looks Thailand would be a more attractive country.

Haven't logged in for ages, half surprised the forum is still alive and even more the same team is active.

Another school of thought is that drug and alcohol dependence causes mental illness.

When I put myself into voluntary Detox my main Doctor was an "Addiction Psychologist" so from my perspective dependence is a form of mental illness, but what caused it?

It is a "Chicken and Egg" syndrome, Does mild mental illness cause one to self medicate using alcohol or drugs, or does the abuse of alcohol and drugs cause mental illness, it probably differs on a case by case basis.

In my instance I would say the later, over a sustained period of years of substance and alcohol abuse it caused me a psychological dependancy, as ones tolerance levels rise and as such the dosage level increases to attain the same buzz which leads to addiction which some, but not all, Psychologist claim is a form of mental illness.

When I cleaned my act up I never felt any physical side effects, I never went "Cold Turkey" the method my Doctor chose for me after a 3 hour consultation with him was to put me on a morphine drip for 2 days followed by a high dosage of Diazipen (Valium) which was reduced on a daily basis until I was not even dependant on the Diazipen and was discharged.

I understand that there can be no "One Glove Fits All" approach to breaking the cycle, but in my case I believe that the dependancy on alcohol and substance abuse which I freely admit became an addiction caused me to loose the plot slightly and I had a psychosomatic dependancy.

It's an interesting discussion that I am not qualified to pass comment on apart from my own personal experiences.

• 3 months later...

Yui is reported as being back out from hospital and got hired to a do small modelling job in 'The Nine Fashion Week' at the Nine Centre in Phraram 9, BKK this week.

She gave a small interview to Thairath at the show, thanking the organisers, designers and her fan club for their kindness. Asked about her time in the hospital, she said it wasn't so happy but was necessary to get better. She's given up smoking, is drug free and is currently staying with close friends on Sukhumwit Rd, hoping to make the best of the opportunities currently afforded her and not let her fans and the people who have supported her down.

A modelling career's a short one. At 37 years old, wonder what she's gonna do with her life.

IJcgJ1R.jpg

http://www.thairath....tent/ent/388295 10/12/13

Archived