When Are You Too Old To Learn Thai?

SpiceMan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the op (well, kinda) have a language related question that eludes me. What is the difference between saying na-beua vs. beua?

I usually say 'beua jang loy' which is over the top but definitely gets the point across ---> but still not sure what the difference is between na-beua, and just plain beua.

Anyone?

Beuller? Beuller? Beuller....

:)

>In Asia, say just Japan or Thai, nobody can ever become Japanese or Thai.

...and why can I not become a Japanese citizen? In the past my Japanese language skills were almost a native level...had

a Japanese wife, was registered/living/working in Japan for 20 years...nothing to stop me from becoming a Japanese citizen.

Said "1 man & wheelbarrow" company man who has no idea how organizations work. Especially Asian ones.

What language roughs and toughs on the oil rigs or in *stans need? While there I guess you howl like animals, no any language is needed.

When not there, grumpy, aggressive, willing to go back and has a language (although we can't sense the Pommy accent) to express his mental mess.

Where do I begin with this, for a start I have been in Asia since before you ran away from your home country [KS - removed], over 25 years in Asia.

Organisations, you prick around with your little switches boy and think the sun shines out of your arse, I play with the big boys not tin pot Japanese corporations out of Forbes 500 I have dealt with 7 of the top 10 over the years, that is where the money is and I only use a wheelbarrow to take the cash to the bank.

I have never been offshore in my life, guess what an Oil rig does not build itself, they don't just pop up in the middle of the oceans of their own accord some of us have to Engineer them, a concept far beyond your thought patterns and something you could only dream about.

I bet now you are on your PC or some other device which has plastic in it, all derived from Hydrocarbons why do you think Oil is called black gold, and furthermore why is it that the majority of Forbes 500 are Oil and Gas, basic organic chemistry, even your ATM card started out as crude oil, carbon and hydrogen atoms C2H6, well actually we make it C2H5 and link them together hence the reason it is called Poly, an old latin word meaning multiple, guess what I went to school and learned Latin many years ago, but I did prefer chemistry and physics.

Yes , you are correct, after 25+ plus years in Asia I know fark all about the place, having worked on Multi Billion US$ projects I have no idea about organisation, I will just cry over a plate of Bun Bo Hue this evening, That is Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls I am sure you knew that being an expert and everything, where as some dumb fuck like me suffers in silence as a consultant to the Vietnamese Government .

PD

Poor little [KS - removed] TTM does not know difference between turnover and profit, Toyota's forecast for 2013/14 is only $13.7 Billion http://money.cnn.com...ings/index.html

Only 0.8% of his 3 Trillion bullshit

Mekong raises an interesting point, on a mostly ICT list but to do with community development the question was asked what technology has contributed the most in the last 30 years to development. Everyone expected the answer to be Comuters, mobiles Web Browser etc.

I said "Plastics" and was promptly challenged,

OK - When you go to a remote village in a rough area like we all do in Africa, Asia, etc, what is your water in? When you go to the local hospital, how are medicines preserved and kept and distributed cheaply?

How do cheap essentials get to the villages, how is transport much lower in costs?

It's all plastics, not my beloved ICT's which is my work, but plastics that make the biggest contribution,

When challenged further that PC's and Mobiles have made greater contributions, I simply said

"And what are they made off"?

Huumlaar,

I would take it one stage further, where are most of the synthetic pharmaceuticals which are kept in plastic bottles derived from? Just a few carbon and hydrogen atoms and mans know how.

Many people today are using products which are oil based without even realising the fact, Hydrocarbons are not just the black sludge that comes out of the ground, Fuel for Vehicles/Transportation or to be burned to produce Electricity but it is utilised by every one of us in what we define as "Normal Life" on a daily basis without even realising it. Hence the reason I call it "The Black Gold" Nations have gone to war over Oil, would you think that UN / USA would give a toss about Iraq if there was no oil, Syria is all based on the gas reserves.

I am not an economist, far from it, but even dim little me can see that a nation that controls the Oil & Gas can drive the global economy, hence the reason why the likes of ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron, Total, Saudi Aramco etc are all ranked in the top 10 of Forbes 500 listings, being the industrial whore that I am I have worked for all of these companies or should I say they come and ask for me.

TTM

Your limited understanding of the Oi & Gas Industry just demonstrates your own naivety and basic ignorance of global awareness, I feel sorry for you hmm actually I don't I just think you are a prick, an opinion shared by the majority of board members if truth be told, but I am sure that you are aware of this fact.

You work for a Vendor, CISCO switches I utilise when developing a Controls network, but only a small cog in the overall machine.

Archived