Convert To Islam Then Get Gangraped By Your Captors ?

gobbledonk

And completely ignoring my question: Which religion STILL ... meaning right now, today ... stones people and kills them if they stop believing?

It doesn't matter what is written in their holy book. Their actual conduct is what matters. If you look through the English legal code, you will find chopping off people's hands, blinding them, castrating them, hang-draw-and quartering them etc. But it is no longer done today. Call the Christian fundies hypocrites, but they are not doing it either. And let's hope they don't start.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You haven't been to PNG have you....lol

I understand your point Frash and agree it is a medievalpractice that does not belong in the 21st century. I do remember something happening in a christian church group somewhere in the states a few years ago. But apart from that seems to be a pratcice of Islam

All religions have their loonies, like the bible belt father (baptist) who refused to give his diabetic daughter insulin as he thought prayer meetings would do the trick.She died, he went to jail.

But Islam has more than its fair share of loonies, many of them determined to murder.

For people who get their ethics from a holy gobbeldy book, the art is to pick and choose only those beliefs that are compatible with modern life. That is a difficult judgement because insane scripture is just as "valid" as the more reasonable beliefs. If a particularly obnoxious piece of scripture tests your faith and you believe it you are even more holy and able to teach the world a lesson. All scripture is the word of God and later revelations supersede earlier ones. The problem for Muslims is that the later verses of the Koran are more barbaric, less tolerant and more hell bent on jihad than the earlier stuff. In the religious schools of Pakistan (and England) the children memorize the Koran in a class of 70 or more. There are prizes for how much of the book they can recite. There is no teaching of how to interpret the book in a way that is compatible with life in the 21st century. The large class sizes make that impossible.

The problem with following any set doctrine set forth in a set of beliefs, or in more simple words, a religion, is that things change that make following the original doctrine very difficult.

One major problem with the religion of Islam is that it is based on a number of tribal beliefs and practices.

Ideally, Islam would work if we were in the 5th or 6th century. Islam was a new religion originating in early, tribal Arabia. The rest of the world was unprepared for the invading Islamic armies rushing to conquer the rest of the world. All these pious Muslems you see on TV in Pakistan, Indonesia and all of Asia were forced to convert to this new belief or be killed on the spot. I, for one, would be ashamed of my forebearers if I learned that my Buddhist family was forced to convert or die.

I wouldn't celebrate this religion since it is based on subjugation not enlightenment. Islam isn't a unified religion of many believers, rather it is a openly antagonistic religion were one part hates and kills another part of the same religion. Anyone that is unlucky to side with Sunnis will have Shias as enemies and vis a versa. This basic disagreement in Islam is the main cause of most terrorist events we have today.

I cannot take a religion seriously, even less likely respect it, while the religion preaches peace and brotherly harmony and at the same time goes out of its way to attack and kill women and children that happen to belong to another sect. Any non-Muslim that attacks this present state of affairs is, of course, attacked as racist, anti-Muslim etc.etc.

Another maasacre by muslims of non-muslims, right now.

Witnesses say gunmen told Muslims to leave Nairobi's Westgate centre and shot people they believed were non-Muslims.

http://www.theguardi...-centre-nairobi

Fifteen years ago, a suicide bomber drove a truck packed with explosives up to the gates of the U.S. embassy in downtown Nairobi.

When the guard at the entrance would not let the driver into the basement garage, the bomber set off the explosives outside, killing more than 200 people, most of them Kenyan. A similar attack was launched at the same time on the U.S. embassy in Tanzania.

And completely ignoring my question: Which religion STILL ... meaning right now, today ... stones people and kills them if they stop believing?

It doesn't matter what is written in their holy book. Their actual conduct is what matters. If you look through the English legal code, you will find chopping off people's hands, blinding them, castrating them, hang-draw-and quartering them etc. But it is no longer done today. Call the Christian fundies hypocrites, but they are not doing it either. And let's hope they don't start.

Mac,

Is that addressed to me?

Archived