Tt Race. The Ultimate Motor Sport

scoobydoo

balls of steel :shocked:

And a rather expensive laundry bill for stained underwear.

Looking at Video's nowadays I ask myself the question, Was I that crazy in my youth? well obviously I was, for 50% of the time you really are on the edge, my Daughters back in the UK who are now both in their 30's have seen some clips and said "Dad you are mental, no wonder Mum divorced you" (Lucky break for me). Good job they don't know the real reason now thats a different story altogether.

It is the most mental, craziest, hair raising adrenaline rush anyone could wish to experience an experience that stays with you for life. If I was 18 again now would I consider doing it again, HELL YES!

Cheers Kong

"The Greatest Show on Earth"

P.S. if anyone knows the tune playing from 0:29 onwards let me know, I have been trying to find it for ages and it's driving me mad.

YES YES YES Found it a last

The tune is called "Faster" DOH! but the Artist surprised me it's by a Dutch Band called "Within Temptation" Sharon den Adel on Vocals LOVE this tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJpf2mQ0w4

I can't see, cause it’s burning deep inside.

Like gasoline, a fire running wild.

No more fear, cause I’m getting closer now.

So unreal, but I like it anyhow.

[PRE-CHORUS:]

I go faster and faster and faster

and faster and faster and faster and faster.

[CHORUS:]

I can’t live in a fairytale of lies.

And I can’t hide from the feeling cause it’s right.

And I go faster and faster and faster and faster for love.

And I can’t live in a fairytale of lies.

I can feel that you’ve mezmerized my heart.

I feel so free.

I’m alive, I’m breaking out.

I won’t give in, cause I’m proud of all my scars.

And I can see I’ve been wasting too much time.

[Repeat Pre-Chorus and Chorus]

[instrumental Break]

[Repeat Chorus]

A fairytale of lies.

Sort of sums up the mountain circuit perfect

A very interesting and well made VDO.

Back when I had good reflexes, I wanted to race in the TT. I didn't because I cherished my bike too highly to risk it. Didn't think twice about my own safety. The recklessness of youth.

Spiceman

With all due respect sir I think that you only dreamt about racing the T.T. but were never deadly serious, if you were you would have 2 machines your road bike and your race bike. Not sure about todays legislation but back in my day you could enter schoolboys trials from 6 years old up which I did, Grass Track events were from 11 years up and motocross from 13, and at 16 allowed onto a circuit, I followed the whole process through the stages.

Racing ain't cheap, maintaining the bike costs enough but rebuilding it once a month after the number of times I crashed on circuits plus travel and accommodation costs my expenditure was exceeding my income. I was soon running up debts and even took out a second mortgage on the house without my then wife knowing to finance my adrenalin rush but eventually the bank got tired of waiting for their money and reposed the house.

So being homeless, married and bankrupt at 24 years of age I had no choice but to go and live with my Mother in Law, her looks could kill, she was giving me shit all the time calling me a useless waste of space with no considerations about his own family placing myself first etc, which in retrospect she was correct but I didn't like hearing it at the time. So in Autumn 1988 when my then company offered me the opportunity to work overseas and double my money I thought to myself good way to get back on my feet so I basically bit their hand off.

Sending a 24 year old guy to South Korea with a libido like a dog on heat in 1988 was bad enough, having me share an apartment with a guy who happened to be married to a Thai and living in Bangkok (he still is and they are still together) was worse, he convinced me to cash in my Biz Class return ticket to UK for RnR and buy a cheap cattle class ticket to Bangkok and have two weeks of pure hedonism from the money I had pocketed, so I did.

And the rest as they say is history, I just never went back to UK and have been stuck in Asia ever since. It was around 1994 when my mother called me when I was working in Rayong, Decri Nisi just landed she wants a divorce of grounds of "Missing Presumed Dead"and I was like nice one let her go for it, the bank repossessed the house, I am still declared as bankrupt in UK and if I am dead she cannot claim maintenance payments from me. Decree Absolute followed 6 months later and I got away without it costing me a penny.

So whilst I accept racing motorcycles never bought me fame and fortune in one respect it did indirectly lead me to ending up in Asia 25 years ago which in my mind was the good fortune. You want to discuss the recklessness of youth haha.

And that is the abridged version of how I ended up getting divorced for first time.

Found one at last.

This is real Road Racing a "Mass Start" format now this is balls of Steel .

Looking back now I can understand why she wanted to divorce me and it was also probably the trigger for my alcohol and substance abuse, no not the divorce, I needed a new high after I stopped racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-ynRoqDEs

Found one at last.

This is real Road Racing a "Mass Start" format now this is balls of Steel .

Looking back now I can understand why she wanted to divorce me and it was also probably the trigger for my alcohol and substance abuse, no not the divorce, I needed a new high after I stopped racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-ynRoqDEs

MENTALISTS!!!!

MENTALISTS!!!!

Haha, I can prove I am sane, don't laugh this is true, my UK wife first tried to divorce me on the grounds that I was "Clinically Insane" so I volunteered to undergo a Psychological assessment to disprove her uneducated guess, she was only a third year Psychology at Uni at the time, 4 hours later I walk out from Psychologists office with a certificate stating I was perfectly sane with an above average IQ, whoever believes in that crap, and that her assertion and accusations were unfounded. I cannot remember the exact words but along the lines of "Anyone who partakes in a high risk activity be it skydiving, hand gliding or motorcycle racing and alike are merely pursuing a way for the body to release endorphins"

Off the Record he said "M you are farkin mad" hahah.

Over the years I have used that piece of paper, I have been accused on more than one occasion of being Crazy with my ideas, I just pull that certificate out (well pdf nowadays) and say to the accuser "I am certified Sane, would you care to show me your Psychological assessment results or are you to scared to undergo such a test in fear that you may be found out as being the crazy one, sometimes it works and on others I have not had contract renewed.

Archived