Syria Thread

acockasian

Michael Savage, who has proposed bombing Mecca in the past, seems to feel that the US is being played and sucked into a war on false pretenses. On lies.

He is American, Jewish, a friend of Netanyahu and in the past one of the strongest radio supporters of Israel. He thinks this is about Syrian natural gas and natural gas pipelines...one is Shia and one is Sunni.

Some of the stations that carry his program do work overseas:

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/wp-content/themes/savage-theme/affiliatesmap.php

Do you agree with him?

Are we being lied to?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This article is about 3 months old now but it does show that Syria has recently discovered economical offshore gas deposits

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/06/28/is-the-us-playing-with-gas-in-syria/

The reserves were discovered by a British Company who are scheduled to make US$ Billions from it once tapped and producing, could this explain the difference between the UK's apparent reticent as apposed to the US Gung ho attitude, I don't know I am not a financial wizz kid wh can produce spreadsheets over Cause & Effect of war and giving a full breakdown on cost analysis neither am I foreign diplomat.

I'm just some dumb schmuck engineer drinking a coffee on his balcony in BKK thinking to oneself, No way will I go to Middle East for work when this situation exists.

it's time China & Russian mans up and stops the USA from doing another stupid thing outside their own domestic affairs!

Mind your own fucking biz US or wait a few days for the UN to decide on this boring matter :sleeping:

But indeed if the US' just jealous with Shell or BP getting a gas deal well som num na!!

I suppose you have to admire the US for taking a principled stance on this,but they have " painted themselves into a corner " here having previously stated that the use of chemical weapons by Assads forces would be crossing a red line for them and they would have to take action.If they do nothing now its a major loss of face for Obama.I don`t expect much more than a few token strikes using missiles which won`t really change anything but will make the Americans feel good about themselves :grinyes:

Tammy Duckworth on Syria

Syria is undergoing a humanitarian crisis. While the United States cannot stand by as innocent civilians are being massacred, it's my responsibility as a Member of Congress to make sure we don't commit resources, the most precious of which are our men and women in uniform, with no comprehensive plan for our involvement.

While I support the President's authority to initiate action since he was elected by this nation and in light of the divisiveness in Congress today, I will have tough questions for the Administration should they intervene prior to Congressional approval.

In the days ahead I will be seeking more information from our military and intelligence communities. But until I feel it's imperative to our national security, I will not support preemptive intervention in Syria. :applause:

America shouldn't bear the burden unilaterally, especially since none of our allies, including those in the region, have committed to action.

It's military families like mine that are the first to bleed when our nation makes this kind of commitment. It's my obligation to make sure our government honors our troops willingness to sacrifice when we make such a decision.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/30/1235064/-Tammy-Duckworth-on-Syria#

And a Thai-born look krueng too. :beer:

Just read her Wikipedia profile, ex US Army Helicopter pilot who lost both her legs and severe injury to right arm during Iraqi war in 2004.

Her American father was a Vietnam Vet, interesting background and well worth a read.

Having read her profile I can now understand her stance on this point from a different light, she has served her country and has the wounds to show it. Being an Iraq Veteran herself and the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran she probably knows more about war than the rest of congress combined, brave woman.

What she is basically saying is "You don't have a fucking clue"

Archived