Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

Phone conversations have not changed for 100 years. I wonder what improvements the new iPhone has brought to phone conversations over last 18 months?

10 hours instead of 8? Holy shit, on the rotary phone from 1950-ies or even 1930-ies you could talk day and night, weeks and months without interruption. If you only had that much to say.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here are two strands of a similar thread. One expounding the myriad benefits of a multifunctional pocket computing/navigation/communications device, the other the need for a mobile version of a land line phone. Both products are available in the market and meet the needs of their respective purchasers. A pure mobile phone has a certain simplicity that allows talking and listening, though that is all it does. Perfect for those who need only that, indeed I know several people for who that is already to much! They come in a variety of colours so buy a bunch and choose the one that matches your shirt and socks on a daily basis. The more complex device appeals to a different group of people with a mix of both need and interest. I do use the camera, gps and internet connectivity of my mobile device for work related activities. I also use it to make phone calls, though since what I have to say is of little consequence so is the phone functionality.

The annoying thing about actually liking the iPhone is that folks want to lump you into a 'hipster' camp. Someone trying to be cool and following a trend.

The iPhone itself has already fallen out of fashion with the trendy. It's just a matter of time. But, myself, I use the hell out of the little bugger - thank you Steve Jobs. You may have been a control freak egomaniac, but you left a worthwhile body of work. Gratzi....

"Is not cloning and tampering SIM cards illegal in many other countries?"

Not just using an adaptor it isn't - as for cloning and tampering SIMs I don't know, but how you get to criminal activity from a plastic adaptor that makes a mini SIM fit a normal SIM hole I don't know either.

In fact it's common practise when using the same SIM in two phones - iPhone 3 and 4 for example.

Perhaps, the card goes into the set it was sold with, there is a track. Moving it into an another handset breaks that link. Business wise, it knows what the capabilities of the set are. Now I wonder, what would have happened if I "adapted" the Galaxy 4's SIM card into a 20$ Nokia phone? Like Win 7 installed on a 286 PC (if it would install at all)?

That does not make it illegal. One has to dig into communications laws

- for example it is illegal to jam mobile signals in restaurants where patrons may be disturbed by other's people talk.

Archived