Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

When I think, I left IBM for this place. Now I have to think what a "real" company is.

A "Two man & wheelbarrow" type of organization that lets you use your own phone for their business?

You are a puppet hanging on corporate strings I have no sympathy

Some of us grow a set and go freelance, could you do it?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a puppet hanging on corporate strings I have no sympathy

Some of us grow a set and go freelance, could you do it?

No, some of you sheepishly (you among them) follow the fashion without thinking what it does for you and why you need that.

And with all that technology go to shit holes of the world, even oil rigs in the armpits of the planet, for what?

No, some of you sheepishly (you among them) follow the fashion without thinking what it does for you and why you need that.

And with all that technology go to shit holes of the world, even oil rigs in the armpits of the planet, for what?

I would prefer to be independent, no big brother telling me what to do and I have never been offshore, then again I have never been a corporate slave to Japan and thought I had a perfect life!

If you had the skills or the balls you would be freelance, but you are just a friggin' softie who enjoy's the corporate blanket, easy life 2.2 kids a friggin Eco Car and a dog called Rover, For the record THai Binh Vietnam reminds me of Thailand 20 plus years ago when I first came here and I am loving it. So much for a shit hole, and I am allowed to exchange SIM cards, gotta love working for the commies

• 1 month later...

2 months on, my dealing with the Samsung Galaxy 4S is : type in the password.

What an annoying piece of shit it is. Wish I have never seen it. And the battery: dies out in a day.

Apple probably has the patent on the fingerprint password, I am surprised they have not killed the other junk (Apple is junk too, IMO).

Perhaps, nobody using the devices leave them idle for more than 30 minutes (when the password re-entry is needed). Power to them, just what important things are entertaining them non-stop?

It is the crap security software your IT placed on the phone! On a stock S4 you can unlock via pattern, face, or voice. You can also disable auto-lock. Your IT seems to have disabled these other methods.

Other phones had the fingerprint unlock long before Apple.

It is the crap security software your IT placed on the phone! On a stock S4 you can unlock via pattern, face, or voice. You can also disable auto-lock. Your IT seems to have disabled these other methods.

You may be able to trawl the net (seeking a sign of a divinity within the gadgets) but that does not make you understand how it works. How could IT fiddle with the phone?

Could be millions of organizations across the planet are doing the same when their employees are given smart phones:

To activate it, follow the procedure in the leadflet;

Upon activating, enter the code supplied (company, customer code);

Settings had been negotiated with the provider and company upfront, when the phone sends the parameters, they are checked against the predefined rules;

Password must be enabled, that auto-cancels other modes od identification (voice, pattern..,)

The reason is the same as encrypting and securing hard disks on laptops. If the device is stolen or lost, company does not want the blunder of leaked customer records.

No divinity in it, but if lost without password and it goes into the media, job lost.

Still, no need to set the phone as a totem and pray to it. It's a piece of shit manufactured in China where 99% of parts cost less than 2 cents.

I was on my 3rd mobile phone when Steve Jobs returned to Apple. That time, most of his staff did not have mobile phone, possibly not even he himself.

Archived