Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at Future the weekend back getting daughters iPhone 5, yeah yeah tell me about it. They offered to punch her sim, they have tools that will do the cut from standard to mini or nano in a single motion. Needless to say in true Thai fashion that was unacceptable and only a new number to go with the new phone and its attendant karma was an aceptable solution.

The nano SIM is also thinner than a standard or mini SIM.

STANDARDSIM, mini SIM or Micro SIM?

The picture you posted has incorrect descriptions on it, the one shown as SIMCARD is in fact a mini SIM.

I forgot about the original SIM card and the fact that what most people refer to today as a SIM Card (Standard Size) is a mini SIM, so when MM said do I have to change to mini SIM I should have realised he meant micro SIM, confusing isn't it :)

A mini can be cut down to the size of a micro but not to a nano, as you pointed out Baa a nano is thinner (0.67mm) than a SIM, mini SIM or micro SIM (0.76mm)

Radioman

No wonder they farked up on trying to punch your daughters SIM down to nano size, it just cannot be done, this is why I prefer to use Apple Stores then go to AIS and ask for a replacement SIM card, painless, free, takes about 10 minutes and I don't lose my number, which for me is very important as I work freelance.

For anyone interested here is a comparison of SIM's through time

http://en.wikipedia....odule#Micro-SIM

Radioman

No wonder they farked up on trying to punch your daughters SIM down to nano size, it just cannot be done, this is why I prefer to use Apple Stores then go to AIS and ask for a replacement SIM card, painless, free, takes about 10 minutes and I don't lose my number, which for me is very important as I work freelance.

They didn't do it, she wouldn't let them, maybe she knew better, who knows.

Apple stores piss me off! As Walter would say. Walked in all set to buy a MacBook Air the other day only to learn they only stock the base models any options are special order about a week to receive if done online or 3 weeks if ordered in store WTF! I actually get that they might not stock all variations but with the number of outlets and obviously some sort of distribution I would expect a few on hand of the various versions within the metropolis they could just call up and have whipped out to a shop by mocy. This says to me they lack customer focus.

Archived