Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plug adaptors are not communication devices while SIM cards are the heart of them.

Starting from here:

By Japanese law, you must submit a copy of your government issued ID such as driver license, passport, etc. when activating. If you deny it, JAPAN SIM card cannot be activated.

Was there not a law like that in Thai in the wake of Southern therorist attacks where mobiles were used to remotely activate bombs?

Same law in Thailand (Post-Paid), Spain and Qatar , not in UK or Singapore, these are the countries where I have bought SIM cards over the past 5 years or so.

So the SIM is registered / traceable to a person, therefore what difference does it make what handset it is installed in?

When I asked that, the shop said "you can't buy it here, we don't stock it".

Anyone else?

"Noone I know of, I think it is nation wide".

Then it came as "illegal".

It is understandable that SIM card is tied to a carrier that provided it, in my case the same carrier provides the card and both phone sets and still it is not possible.

The regular way would be to go to shop, cancel Galaxy, get SIM card identity transfered to a mini SIM in their shop and then insert it into a function phone that came from the same (DoCoMo) provider.

Even that won't work: anything other than phone use of the company provided set must be handled by company officials, not by employee.

If I broke the screen and wanted the hardware repaired/replaced at my expense, not possible. Corp must do it.

A paranoia about customer data leak from a lost/stolen phone.

Archived