London Surgeons Help 'children Of Agent Orange'

SpiceMan

The Vietnam War ended nearly 40 years ago, but the casualties continue as birth defects plague the country.

There are claims that thousands of children continue to be born with horrific facial deformities due to the 20 million gallons of Agent Orange chemical sprayed by the United States.

The Vietnamese call the disfigured youngsters 'the children of Agent Orange'.

Da Nang in central Vietnam is thought to have the highest level of congenital deformity in the world.

Inside Out's Mark Jordan joins a team of top London plastic surgeons on their unpaid mission to help these children through the charity Facing the World.

Video at BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23632245

Yes, I know of Monsanto as the company that is doing its damnedest to patent America's food supply by the back door.

Not expecting any compensation from the Feds for those Vietnamese children.

Just relieved my own country didn't get dragged into that war, making it possible the London doctors to do their bit to help.

Actually, the British SAS were training American Special Forces in jungle warfare in Malaysia, but that was "clandestine". Also, there are stories about some of the Australian SAS in RVN having an occasional Brit with them at times. But officially, the UK stayed out. Furthermore, the UK had some fighting of its own to do in North Borneo, where the "Indonesian Confrontation" was taking place.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Borneo/index.html

The US has had medical teams in Vietnam in recent years. There is more contact between the former enemy governments than you'd expect, especially now that China has again become Hanoi's enemy #1.

Monsanto started out as respectable petrochemical company producing plastics, polystyrene (Styrofoam) and synthetics. It was also the first company to mass produce visible LED's.

It was only later when they along with DOW start developing nasty pesticides of which Agent Orange was just one and then eventually getting into GMO's, think they sold off all their petrochemical interests in the mid 90's, in fact back in the late 80's the last project I did in UK before heading east was on a steel works where we recovered the Coke Oven Gas (COG) from the blast furnace which was 55% Hydrogen and through a Reactive Absorption process "Scrub" it to 99.9% pure Hydrogen to feed the Monsanto plant on the next plot.

As for DOW Chemicals, I have never trusted them. I won't say why but I have my own reasons which may be classed as libellous if I was to make them public.

I didn't think I had any contact with AO. Then a vet buddy said to me, "Remember how nothing grew on the fire base or around the perimeter? And why do you think there was no vegetation within about 50 meters of the main roads?" Oh. Turned out we'd been living with the stuff, even sleeping on the ground sprayed with it. Still, I have seen photos of my old fire base taken 25 years later, It is all green and lush again, scarcely a sign that anything was ever there.

Archived