New Work Visa Rules

cavanami

400k for 3 months steady? dream on mr rich!!!

cheaper to just pay 20k overstay every time leaving the country ... pretty much pays it self given one save all the hassle + 1900 appl. fee + 3800 multiple reentry lol!

thats what they aim for right? dishonest people who wont bother with visas & 90day reporting :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to renew my work visa.

Gave my paperwork to the ladies in our office three weeks ago.

They copied the three meter pile of company papers required to support my visa...they phoned Immi...they made a run down and

chatted with the Immi people to make sure all was in order.

This morning I go to Immi with one of our ladies to get the visa and me sign whatever...

Now, suddenly, Immi wants a copy from some other Thai office...WTF

Maybe we get the copy Thursday...Monday my visa expires...wanna bet they will want something else on Friday...azzholes!!!

Rant...just beginning...........

...and it continues.

Our ladies have been doing the Thai visa for twenty years and every time, bullshit!

Today, third trip to Immi for them, second for me, now Immi wants a copy of my passport, in color...WTF

The regs "say" color or black&white...total bullshit!!

...wanna make a bet that some tea money would speed things right thru :dunno:

Yesterday, the ladies made ANOTHER trip to Thai Immi...

This time, Immi needed a picture of me with at least six Thai workmates...and a color copy of my Immi

departure slip...

...the bullshit continues...Immi looks determined to force tea money!

The German owner of the company stated, "no fuckin' way"! The company pays $$$ in tax, provides quality jobs

to 40+ Thai workers, so fuck Immi and the horse they rode in on...see what transpires today, as Monday, my visa expires and

after three weeks of total nonsense...

There was another thread about Thailand reciprocating with other countries on the length of tourist visas. It's too bad that they don't do the same with work/pernanant visas. It was a pain to obtain the Green Cards for my wife and 3 children but no problems for at least the next 10 years with them living and working here. I'm extremely glad that my 5 year old son won't have to go through that BS.

Yesterday, the ladies made ANOTHER trip to Thai Immi...

This time, Immi needed a picture of me with at least six Thai workmates...and a color copy of my Immi

departure slip...

All documents in both colour and B&W have you not learned yet.

Picture of you and six workmates has been going on as long as I have been here nothing new, back in 2007 I needed 2 Thai colleagues to submit a written statement to immigration explaining how the farang was giving them on the job training and improving their skill set and I was with a multi national at the time, rather than get pissed about it just go with the flow.

If you think THailand is bad try getting a long term visa and work permit in Vietnam 3 weeks on I am about 75% of the way there.

Archived