Favorite Gwb Quote ?

gobbledonk

Priceless and very funny......I almost miss GWB :grinyes:

It's funny until you think of the people who died or were maimed on Bush's watch, or the billions of taxpayer dollars that were funneled to Cheney's corporate buddies. Yeah - I know - I started this thread : just have to wonder how different it would have been if Bush had a few more moderate voices whispering in his ear. Saddam needed to go - no question - but is Iraq any better off in 2013 ? Afghanistan will be a failed state within 5 years and Pakistan shortly thereafter - beyond that my crystal ball gets very hazy ;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt George Bush Snr leave unfinished business in Iraq after the Kuwait War ? I seem to recall Stormin' Norman talked him down when the White House was forced to admit they had no credible exit strategy - Scwarzkopf didnt want to commit his men to another Vietnam. Makes Afghanistan doubly ironic IMO.

I would suggest that Afghanistan and Pakistan are already failed states and terrorists play grounds.

Pakistanis are still dying and being maimed daily in scuffles with extremists on their borders - they still have something resembling the rule of law and a functioning government in the cities. Do we really want Islamabad and Karachi to look like Mogadishu, not to mention the prospect of nutters getting their hands on a nuclear arsenal ?

Archived