Korat Bars

The_Munchmaster

I'm going to be in Korat for 2 nights (tomorrow and Friday) and just wondering if anyone has any bar recommendations. Not particularly looking for girly bars (although any recommendations welcome just in case), just decent bars for a few beers and perhaps a bite to eat. Does Korat have a bar area?

<<The replies here are both misleading and over exaggerated.

A) There is no red light district in Korat.

B ) Expect to pay a few thousand baht (if you go there for a night out) at karaoke bars before you "negotiate" anything sexual. Look in the dictionary and you will see "karaoke bars in Korat next to the word, PARASITE.

C) If you have ever been to a go go bar in BKK or Pattaya, save yourself the bother and don't go to Coyote bars such as swing or 2 piece. They are LAME. pay a fortune for drinks and watch Thai guys play with their giks. Go Go and Coyote are not the same.

D) If you have ever been to for a walk along beach Rd in pattaya at 10 pm on any given night, you would have seen the beach rats lining the sidewalk. Yamo park is similar, but 1/100th the amount of women.

E) "Fish bowls" are of course in korat. They are in every Thai town as is a Honda shop, 7-11, kruntep bank, a Toyota dealer, a few schools and a scattering of temples. So fish bowls here are no different in Korat to what fish bowls are in such places as Nan, Uttaradit, Chaiyapum, Siracha or any other small town you can think of. fish bowls are for "quick fixes". They don't cater for guys looking for"fun nights out with cute girls climbing all over them".

Anyone that says Korat is as fun as BKK or sin city by the sea is indeed ill informed, lying, deluded or pulling your leg. And to those that enthusiastically recommend the places above, well you should venture to more flavorable places more.. >>

http://koratfart.com...red-light-area/

I wish to contribute to this thread for the sole reason that Khorat is sort of Lovely Nok`s hometown . Not really but the forest nearby , farm rice .

Once I am there we usually stay at a hotel that is called Sura Tani or so . Near this property are a few bars which I would not even recommend to my greatest enemy ; the whole town is something that even the Lonely Planet would describe as the Arse of the World . Not sure what Stickman thinks .

They do not even have a bloody airport , last time with the farking bus it took 5 hours back to bangkok . Next time we take the rot fei although Nok says it will kill us .

Archived