Korat Bars

The_Munchmaster

They do not even have a bloody airport , .

I flew there in 1989 with Thai domestic. The aircraft was a Shorts 30. The airstrip was a air force base so they didn't have a proper airport but flights ther were possible so they had an airport in sorts. Today I don't know but I suspect that it still possible to fly there.

ALHOLK

Administrator Khunsanuk ,

I have aready made a report about that bus-trip to Khorat and backwards in a different thread some years ago . After the excursion I had to spend 3 months at Bungrumrad in the department for brain dead people . Following Lovely Nok`s urgent advice we were sitting 5,5 hours under a TV that had the noise level of a 747 when the activate the reverse thrust . I was unabe to watch TV for full 4 years after that event due to a post traumatic health problem .

Even today when I see a blue bus here in Germany I jump for shelter right away .

It took so long because the days before they had a Buddhist festival which I did not know about and I estimate 80 % of the Thai population used the road from Nakhon to Bangkok simultaneously . I will never ever use a bus again in the Kingdom of Thaiand .

I'm going to be in Korat for 2 nights (tomorrow and Friday) and just wondering if anyone has any bar recommendations. Not particularly looking for girly bars (although any recommendations welcome just in case), just decent bars for a few beers and perhaps a bite to eat. Does Korat have a bar area?

The number of foreigners in Korat has increased markedly over the past several years and there are a few bars the local expats (a mix of English teachers and retirees) hang out at. Most are within walking distance and just north of the YaMo statue which is basically the middle of Korat City.

If you speak Thai and are happy going to bars where Westerners seldom venture to, try SeubSiri Road which is a few kilometres south of YaMo. It's very close to where Billy Buffalo stays at the Sima Thani Hotel. There are a number of Thai-style bars, ranging from brothels, to karaoke joints. The women there are very much to the Thai man's taste and English is not widely spoken. Still, foreigners are welcome. Drinks and food are cheap - very cheap compared to Bangkok!

The number of foreigners in Korat has increased markedly over the past several years and there are a few bars the local expats (a mix of English teachers and retirees) hang out at. Most are within walking distance and just north of the YaMo statue which is basically the middle of Korat City.

If you speak Thai and are happy going to bars where Westerners seldom venture to, try SeubSiri Road which is a few kilometres south of YaMo. It's very close to where Billy Buffalo stays at the Sima Thani Hotel. There are a number of Thai-style bars, ranging from brothels, to karaoke joints. The women there are very much to the Thai man's taste and English is not widely spoken. Still, foreigners are welcome. Drinks and food are cheap - very cheap compared to Bangkok!

I will start another thread, regarding bars in Khon Kaen and would appreciate your input.

Archived