Pilot Was Four Times Over Alcohol Limit

SpiceMan

An airline pilot has admitted being more than four times over the legal alcohol limit just before being due to fly from Leeds Bradford Airport.

Irfan Faiz, 54, from Pakistan, was detained by police in the cockpit of a Pakistan International Airways Airbus at about 22:00 BST on Wednesday.

Leeds Magistrates were told Faiz smelled of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet before the flight to Pakistan.

Faiz was charged with carrying out an activity ancillary to an aviation function while impaired by drink.

The court heard he was four-and-a-half times over the legal limit to fly.

After pleading guilty, Faiz was told by magistrates that he had "breached the trust of the public" and the consequence could have been a serious loss of life.

A spokesman for the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: "A pilot attempting to fly while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is a major threat to flight safety.

"At UK airports the police have legal powers to test pilots for drink and drugs. Such incidents, however, are very rare."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-24175643

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you? Well I don't give a feck. Pakistan is a cunt of a country and if there were a lot less Paki(stani)s and their like in the world then the world would be a better place. Capisce?

Whilst Mr Munchmaster is about as subtle as a sledgehammer cracking a walnut, and not forgetting the fact he dislikes me immensely, I can empathise with his feelings and sort of know where he is coming from.

Pakistan Country, it was never a country but wanted a free Muslim state after UK Government gave the Indian Sub Continent independence, once Pakistan was declared as a state they either killed all non-muslims or the lucky few escaped, see Bangladesh. Nowadays Pakistan is a hotbed of Islamic radical training grounds, Like where was Osama Bin Laden found hiding out.

Pakistani Nationals working in the Middle East, where MM has worked a lot, Lazy back stabbing people who think the world owes them everything. W you need to work with them for a few years before you can pass judgement not make it based on one or two Pakistani national you have met in SE Asia, they are the Hiso's.

British Pakistani's 3.5 Million or 5.8% of population are Pakistani immigrants, this is not to count their offspring, the UK Government bends over backwards to make forms for Social Security benefits available in Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi and Balochi, they idiots even employ translators for them. There are many cases coming to light now where gangs of Pakistani men have been grooming young girls and raping them and then being their pimps in the UK, usual crap young council housing kids coerced with drugs and alcohol.

You are 100 percent correct, Kong.

That flight was sure to have had at least 1 teenage girl who was traveling with her parents for a "holiday" in Pakistan. Such holidays are usually 1 way tickets followed by a forced marriage to a 40 year old cousin. As soon as the girl turns 18 (and now with a baby), she can return to the UK with her illiterate peasant husband. If the girl resists, her in laws will take her baby away.

Forced marriages have alarmed the white British of Bradford who have raised an outcry. British Pakistanis now send their infant daughters to Pakistan to be raised by their future in laws. The girls are not allowed to attend school and at the age of 15 they are usually married and pregnant. Then, on their 18th birthday they return to the UK with their husbands who will then be able to get a British passport. I feel sorry for the girls because, although they are British, they usually can't speak any English and are too damaged to integrate in their own country.

Every PIA pilot should be drunk so that all flights can be cancelled.

I do understand that. But you can not brush a whole country because of the rotten apples. I have worked sofar with 10 pakistani's give or take. And they seemed reasonable people (mostly students at Abac though). If you start brushing whole groups with the same paint then you have degenerated as far as certain groups that came to power in the '30s. I will always threat people as individuals never judge them as a group. Apart from ze Germans ;) ................................. whom are all swell people (at least the ones that I met :) )

Archived